Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new Baby - SSV Z Sportwagon

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
which type of gas system are you getting put in and if you don't mind me asking how much are they slugging you for it.
I was quoted 4500 for the best available unit here in Adelaide and it will take 3 days to install

2t4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Sportwagon
which type of gas system are you getting put in and if you don't mind me asking how much are they slugging you for it.
I was quoted 4500 for the best available unit here in Adelaide and it will take 3 days to install

Still investigating options and prices etc so far I have only spoken with LPGAS1 whom have a good reputation here in Melbourne:

Vapour injection system, omegas, 61 litre tank, $4200 before $1000 rebate, 2 days to install.

Liquid injection system, JTG, I think it was a 52 litre tank due to it needing a pump in the tank, $5200 before rebate..

I am awaiting a call back from Auto Gas Injection in Frankston who apparently have a good rep for conversions in performance vehicles...

From what I have been told or have read so far, vapour is alright if your not going to be doing too many mods but if you are then the liquid is the way to go?

I believe, and am happy to be proven wrong, that the vapour injectors won't be able to supply enough fuel under load if running more than about 300kw??? Again, happy to be corrected!

With the liquid I believe that there's much more range for upping the anti on the mods (not that that's my intention) and that you can actually get better performance just from the higher octane of gas plus the fact that its injected as a liquid and is colder???

Again, more than happy to be corrected and educated by anyone who knows! (I've read that many different things in the past few weeks that it all just blends and or contradicts!!

I will post back up once I have spoken with the mob in Frankston...

2t4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Sportwagon
What I can recommend for your wagon exhaust is an exhaust by sureflo exhaust here in sydney. They can ship to melbourne and you can get the exhaust shop to fit their work... The owner(greg) has a wagon and has afm.. (its no doubting that the wagons are awful at droning... The particular setup that they have going now is a dual 3" with helmhotz resonators. When doing the noise test the exhaust passes.. but one stab of the accelrator it will fail the test.
Its completely drone free (very hard to get on a wagon), legal sound... and this thing ROARS when you give it pedal... Its such a sleeper exhaust its funny.. scare the living hell out of people in the lane next to you... and its really deep. no barking and crackling like chinese xforce crap... and the best bit... having the kids in the back, trust me they will complain about the boominess of drone if you decide to take the xforce/hurricane /kpm option if you decide to have a holiday away.

So keep that in mind.. there is a couple of videos on their facebook page... "sureflo exhaust"... and Sureflo Exhaust: Top Quality Custom Performance Exhaust/Muffler Systems and LS1 Tuning. of the VE SS..

Hope that helps with your exhaust option on the wagon side of things which is hard to please with kids and a wife and still having something suitable for yourself when they are not in the car...

have a good day mate

Thanks for the post - ill look em up when on a pc... Then try convincing the partner that I need em - not expecting much luck!

What's the go with effect on the warranty and how many sets have you sold to members on here?

Thanks again

Dustin

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
first thing i'd do is get new wheels. Some nice 20's..... those polished 19's certainly aren't keepers in my mind haha. Which is why i got rid of mine before even taking delivery. Awesome car though, you won't be disappointed at all! if you're after a better sound without going crazy then just get a 2.5" force catback exhaust. Thats what i got on mine and i reckon its great, better sound without going over the top... Cant wait to see what you do.... ATTACH=CONFIG]167912[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_0906-2.jpg
    IMG_0906-2.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 524

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
first thing i'd do is get new wheels. Some nice 20's..... those polished 19's certainly aren't keepers in my mind haha. Which is why i got rid of mine before even taking delivery. Awesome car though, you won't be disappointed at all! if you're after a better sound without going crazy then just get a 2.5" force catback exhaust. Thats what i got on mine and i reckon its great, better sound without going over the top... Cant wait to see what you do.... ATTACH=CONFIG]167912[/ATTACH]

Best looking wheels they did on VE hsv's. I like that no one has them, i have only seen one other set in all my travels. Plus I get heaps of looks and comments on mine.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
thanks for the prices,i was quoted 4500 for the liquid over here in sa,i just sent them a email telling them what I had and what has been done to the car and that was the suggested option
this their website,might be worth a look to compare what you can get in vic
S.A. Autogas | Adelaide's #1 LPGAS installer

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Get liquid injection.

Good power to be made with it! :)

#getstuffedhaters

2t4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Sportwagon

they are nice looking wheels!

i'll be keeping the stockies for now - I really like em! i thought they looked much better than the grey ones on the z's I was looking at (the fact I got the SSV Z with less k's, and more factory warranty for the same price as the Z's really helped as well!)

2t4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Sportwagon
thanks for the prices,i was quoted 4500 for the liquid over here in sa,i just sent them a email telling them what I had and what has been done to the car and that was the suggested option
this their website,might be worth a look to compare what you can get in vic
S.A. Autogas#|#Adelaide's #1 LPGAS installer

sounds like a good deal... do you know if that is before or after the $1000 rebate? the prices I listed were before claiming it.

i didnt hear back from the frankston mob oday but i'll try him again tomorrow

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
yeah the grey ones are boring. been re-used on so many different models haha. obviously trying to clear stock so they chucked a coat of paint on and called it a Z hahaha...... looks like a pretty good buy mate. You won't regret it, i enjoy every day i drive mine.
they are nice looking wheels!

i'll be keeping the stockies for now - I really like em! i thought they looked much better than the grey ones on the z's I was looking at (the fact I got the SSV Z with less k's, and more factory warranty for the same price as the Z's really helped as well!)