Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new car

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Heres my latest toy ,2012 SV6 VE, Pick it up next week. Had to work hard to get it . Pestered the wife for weeks but it finally paid off ha ha . It was a toss up between Alto grey or Prefect blue. Only thing I will be doing to it is tinted windows . Just after some opinions about the 3 year 175,000 kay warranty on offer for $1500 , is it worth it or is it another one of those " not work the paper that its written on " deal ?

Attachments

• commodore SV6.jpg
    commodore SV6.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 216

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Who is the extended warranty with? The only one worth anything is the Holden one which is underwritten by Allianz

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
Yeah, stay away from those independent dealership-only warranties. They insist you service the car with them, and it's more regularly than most people would do it(or the logbook recommends). Plus if they are providing the warranty and doing the servicing, I can imagine they just wouldn't bother mentioning warrantable faults if they thought you wouldn't notice. An insurance company provides those warranties, and obviously the dealers premiums will go up with every claim made.
All that said, I bought an extended warranty(with Ford Australia) for $1500 on my Falcon when I got it 6-7 years ago and had well over $3000 worth of work done in those 3 years under warranty. I know, I know, everyone will say Ford's are rubbish, etc etc. But that extended warranty more than paid for itself and I don't know if Holden's are really built that much better.
Preparing for grief over that last comment :boxing:

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
I took out an extended warranty through Allianz when the factory warranty on my VZ was about to expire. The Holden dealer loved it because the insurance paid their labour at a higher rate than that paid by Holden. It was a total warranty cover, no exclusions and I didn't have to go to a Holden dealer for servicing or any claims. Cost $900.00 for 2 years. The claims I made more than covered that cost.

If you intend purchasing the car through a Holden Dealer, then they frequently offer an extended warranty (subject to the car having been regularly serviced and maintained by them) at no additional cost. Might pay to shop around as it could be they wish to charge you for something that others provide for free !!! As for the extended warranty, unless the terms and conditions are identical to the warranty as offered by Holden on new vehicles (yes they are available), then you can expect the possibility of issues (down the track) when trying to make claims. Check it out.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Ok guys thanks for your input .