Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Misses says get a new car, get a new car I will. (Juuust Checking VE's)

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Yeah.. its dumb. Gota be loom related, didn't notice last night but now cranking the fuel gauge sets itself correctly then drops to zero.. weird stuff.

Anyway not interested in pulling it apart on the street in the rain, back to the mechanics.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I think I've found a nice looking thing, 2012 S2 VE, Calais, white, black leather, stock as a rock, 150k km's, service history, I've paid a deposit, hope to pick it up next weekend, $12.5k, done.

Guy with the blue SV6 never got back to me, Calais is nicer, win for me? Time will tell.
Good luck with the purchase, and yes, the Calais is nicer and has more features than the SV6... It may not look as sporty, but you could always put new wheels, interior bits, etc if you ever wanted to...

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
You know I was only looking at SV6's as they seemed cheaper on the whole. Not the case as it turned out. Happy Happy.

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Mechanic reckons the DFI is dead yet again.

Speaking with his rep from Bursons, he offered each they have sold in the last 6 months has been returned.

Are there genuines ones still around? :S Left a msg with RALPH D'SILVA (appear to be local holden autho parts near me) Where have you cool kids been getting them from? :S

Otherwise.. anyone want a VY with a 5sp, 3.7 ratio LSD, Sway Bars, and an ecotec filled with fresh sensors that may or may not work? :S

Maybe its time for a MegaSquirt... **** of this DFI crap and go LS coils?

Geeeeees maaaaaaan.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Mechanic reckons the DFI is dead yet again.

Speaking with his rep from Bursons, he offered each they have sold in the last 6 months has been returned.

Are there genuines ones still around? :S Left a msg with RALPH D'SILVA (appear to be local holden autho parts near me) Where have you cool kids been getting them from? :S

Otherwise.. anyone want a VY with a 5sp, 3.7 ratio LSD, Sway Bars, and an ecotec filled with fresh sensors that may or may not work? :S

Maybe its time for a MegaSquirt... **** of this DFI crap and go LS coils?

Geeeeees maaaaaaan.
Just go to the wreckers. Buy 2 dfi & coils.
Thats what l did. Keep a spare in the car.

Last time l changed l was going to Dandenong from Geelong. Got near Dandenong & the dfi decided to crap out.
Undid the dfi connector 2 mounting bolts. Held the replacement dfi with coils next to the mounted one, took one lead off, then placed on the replacement dfi until done. Then put the mounting bolts in & tightened, same with the dfi plug. 10 - 15 minutes. On my way again to Dandenong.

Those wires you were playing with for the a/c, when you where supposed to be checking the dfi wiring (which ffrom that photo you posted didn't look to good). Had you already did those, & l just missed that part of your post?

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Ah found one at South Morrang. $740 Retail!!!!!!!

They did trade price @ $480. (without coils) Daaaaaaaaam.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

Last time l changed l was going to Dandenong from Geelong. Got near Dandenong & the dfi decided to crap out.
Undid the dfi connector 2 mounting bolts. Held the replacement dfi with coils next to the mounted one, took one lead off, then placed on the replacement dfi until done. Then put the mounting bolts in & tightened, same with the dfi plug. 10 - 15 minutes. On my way again to Dandenong.

Those wires you were playing with for the a/c, when you where supposed to be checking the dfi wiring (which ffrom that photo you posted didn't look to good). Had you already did those, & l just missed that part of your post?
This was April 2018, when l was going to buy the 6L50 auto.
So, 5 years ago?

Spend $100.00 thats for 2 sets of dfi coils.

New seems to be a waste of time & $ these days.

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy

Yeah good idea… next weekend.

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
IMG_3154.jpeg

Two commodores on the street, doing my bit to lower property prices in the neighbourhood.

It’s a 2012 series 2 VE Calais, and it makes my VY feel 200yrs old.

The VE beeped at me when it went past a speed camera, and the radio auto searches and stores radio frequencies.

Dear God what will they think of next.

It’s a leather appointed cruising machine and is surprising how well appointed it is for a 10yr old thing.

The VY is running again now with a genuine DFI module, fingers crossed this is the end of that. I’m actually worried driving it, can’t break down on the way to work anymore..

Now, how to keep 2 cars rego’d with the family dynamic on point.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
View attachment 260844

Two commodores on the street, doing my bit to lower property prices in the neighbourhood.

It’s a 2012 series 2 VE Calais, and it makes my VY feel 200yrs old.

The VE beeped at me when it went past a speed camera, and the radio auto searches and stores radio frequencies.

Dear God what will they think of next.

It’s a leather appointed cruising machine and is surprising how well appointed it is for a 10yr old thing.

The VY is running again now with a genuine DFI module, fingers crossed this is the end of that. I’m actually worried driving it, can’t break down on the way to work anymore..

Now, how to keep 2 cars rego’d with the family dynamic on point.

6 or 8 ?