Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new Red Hot VF SSV!!!

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
I've already lowered my VF.. 40mm drop.. The ride feels basically the same I haven't noticed any difference in terms of discomfort however there's almost no body roll and it certainly looks great :)

Got any pics mate?

Logitech47

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS v wagon
If you do it yourself at least you know that the bloke who put them in actually cares about the car and isn't some the type that comes to work 9-5 and hates his/her job and doesn't take pride in their work. That's when you the owner start to have problems. If I knew how to do it and had the right tools, ie hoist and all... I would no doubt about it.

Logitech47

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS v wagon
lols do worry about scratching the front bumper, that's bound to happen, I'd worry more about dinting my cats and headers as 1/7/8's hang pretty low. That's why I'm still on oem ride height and stock wheels.

Drizt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V L98
I've already lowered my VF.. 40mm drop.. The ride feels basically the same I haven't noticed any difference in terms of discomfort however there's almost no body roll and it certainly looks great :)

Which brand / model suspension components?

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
Which brand / model suspension components?

King springs through Fulcrum suspension. It'll do for now untill I get coilovers as a cam package is next on the cards :)

Logitech47

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS v wagon
Stock shocks are bound to leak after 6 months or so, well that's what I've experienced when lowering and tried to get away with just using the stock shocks. Eventually one of them or even 2 of them will give way, so to speak

jsmr77

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VF SSV Redline
I originally placed an order for a red SSV but 3 days later changed my mind and called back to upgrade to a red Redline, I knew I wouldn't be 100% happy without it in the future.
All dealers told me that it would be many weeks to a few months to order a Redline but I guess I got lucky, when I placed the order I was told that they had already ordered a red Redline weeks ago and that it was arriving on the 22nd of November!!!!
I guess it was meant to be. They are giving me the DRL surroungs, fender vents and full sports armour (with the grill covers) included in the price. I CAN"T WAIT.