Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new Staffie pup!!

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
looks like ur staffy has the right colours to be a pure so be happy bout that one the "old lady" is my mum shes been a dog enthusiast since i can remember, and in regards to the american staffy being taller, all dogs seem to be taller from america such as the bulldog the boxer the staffy and i think pitbulls to..... maybe the yanks are compensating?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Cheers guys, thanks for the kind words!...
I originally wanted a darker brindle colour, with more black, but the missus saw this one and it ran straight to her, so she's a keeper!

01VY2NV - nice looking pup you have there too, can't wait for Bella to get a little bigger - enough to run around and play.. I've just gotta get a ute now for her to have 'ute rides' too, lol!

Grennan - Cheers for that, I won't be upset if she's not pure, (but it would be nice if she was!) like you said the staffie is pretty dominant, so at least she looks like one, haha.. Thats the type of colour I originally wanted, good looking dog hey,

TVR-161 - Cute looking dalmation hey, I've always liked them for some reason, sort of a big, playful, good natured dog, or the ones I've met have been?! You're not going to get 101 of them are you?? lol, sorry had to say it!

wildss - Cheers mate, the more I look at her the more I like her too! Yeah its looking like its going to be a wait and see type of thing, to see if she's pure or not, and LMAO at the last bit, AGREED!!!

VryNeat - Cheers mate for asking your mum, thank her for me too, (I wasnt sure which she was, my bad) Its looking alrite then, she has a good chance to be pure, sweet! its good to hear it off someone that has a fair bit of experience with dogs, I dont really know much, yet..

Does anyone know what I should be feeding her?? I've been told mixed things, 'shes too young for solids' 'feed her this lean beef mince' ' feed her chicken mince' ' dont feed her chicken mince' LOL, Im not too sure, atm shes just nibbling on some weetbix with puppy milk, but also been told to get her some baby stuff, like a powder that you mix with water? it goes gluggy?? dunno...

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
From experience staffies can get pretty picky with what they eat, so i tend to not "overfeed" my dog one certain food, my current one will turn off food if it gets fed it everyday so i try mix it up. As a puppy I forgot what mine ate, think it actually ate the puppy dog food as well as some mince - now it wont touch dog food. I usually feed it a disgusting smelling combo of mince and rice. It gets the odd cheap steak and it loves lamb bones.

Oh and dont let people spoil it, staffies are real smart and know whos going to give out the good stuff. My mum spoilt my dog as a puppy and well... as you read above, it refuses to eat dog food anymore, if mums home it wont eat what I put down she will wait till she knows thats it.

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
kangaroo mince is great for dogs of all ages also u get pedigree puppy milk that is good for them also as it doesnt have lactose in it as dogs r lactose intolerant so no people milk we also fed our aussie bulldog eukanuba (however its spelt) puppy food its 80 bux for a huge bag but it promotes healthy growth such as solid bones and muscles and a shiney coat.

also do u know if theres any ridgebacks in the area where the bitch got out i know it seems odd but it just looks like it has ridge in it to me

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
nice pup zeussy. staffy's are awesome dogs. can be terrors. weve had 2. This is gus, pure bred with papers. we got him at 12weeks old and shares the same birthday as me lol.

gus009.jpg

Copyofgus006.jpg

HoldrodeoLT

I have no lemon pledge...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT, 2008 Polaris Hawkeye 300
As for food.. i feed my bull arab x roo mince and pupply dry food (make sure majority is dry food as it has all the right stuff in it for growing dogs) have done since he was 9 weeks old.. he loves it.. vet told me to not over feed as for large breed dogs grow to fast and gives them joint troubles when there older... i also feed him chicken necks (when i forget to defrost his meat).. he loves them so much he doesnt even chew em!!.. scary.. but he hasnt chocked yet.

Attachments

• 16 weeks 5.jpg
    16 weeks 5.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 192

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Beautiful dog DVSV8, thats pretty much what the mother looked like, similar markings on her, same colour, and a top natured dog.. never gone skitz at the kids, when we rev her up she'll go us, (in a playful sorta way) but never at the kids, she knows better, lol..

VryNeat - Yeah there is at least one ridgeback down the road, but is usually kept locked up - in the back yard, doesnt roam the streets often, one of the pups, a male, he's like twice the size of all the rest of the others, he sorta looks ridgey, so its a possibility?..

Hmm, well I've got some I think lean beef mince - from a pet food supply shop, there was two types, normal and lean, they reccomended the lean one, same price so why not?! (They said its better than chicken, less fat?) She used to eat chicken mince, boiled up with some rice, just before we got her, probly for a week or so before, apparently she shouldnt be eating solids yet either?? (pet shop said?) and I've got puppy biscuits for her, but have to wait till like 10 weeks or so? and sog them up, been told they're too ruff for their guts??

Im going to ring the Vets and get their opinions on what to and not to do for her tomorrow, and get it sussed when to vacinate her, and chip.. was going to do it today but was real busy, so.. tomorrow it is!!

Cheers again guys for all your advice and for posting up your pics, I love staffies and like to see others that do too!

Can I feed her like a dried treat? for her to chew on, that tastes good, she's a nibbler!! pigs ear or some stick thing?

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
its quite a possibilty then mate coz yeh shes seems to have it in her also get them treats they can nibble on but they will ultimatly eat theres pig ears all over my house

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey all,

Just a few photo's to add to this (forgotten about) thread!
Was googling Staffie X pics then came accross it.

This is Bella, around 10 or so months

P2270022.jpg

P2270032.jpg

P2270023.jpg

P2270026.jpg

So, if anyone has any idea's what she might be crossed with, sometimes I see Boxer in her, and sometimes a bit of Mastiff, but it really depends ont he angle you get her on..!

Last edited: