Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 5 spd/VR Calais daily driver
How much did your exhaust end up costing? It'll be good getting it into the 14's and sub 7 seconds to 60!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
How much did your exhaust end up costing? It'll be good getting it into the 14's and sub 7 seconds to 60!

it ended up being $520 for a rage system. considered getting a berklee system from australia but was going to have to wait for it to come over on the boat and was going to be the same cost. i also had to pay $12ea for 2 flanges and the distributor gave me a lenght of 2.5" pipe so that i could make an extension to fit where the CAT should be which i welded up myself at work.

i think 14s runs are a real possibility now. been looking in tunerpro and comparing the SV3800 tune to the original tune and atfy. it looks like i can get more timing into it, especially at WOT. maybe i can get 14's on my small wheels. just gotta get my launches consistent for the narrower 14" wheels

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
oil filter relocation setup

fitted the oil filter relocation kit this arvo, did a full oil change and engine flush whilst i was at it. some pics below. you can see the huge increase in filter size. i've also moved the oil pressure sender for the autometer guage to the remote filter mount anf just have the factory oil presure switch in it's original position. in the center of the remote mount you can also see the sender for the oil temp gauge as well. haven't had a chance to mount the new gagues yet and wire them up

Attachments

• new and old filters.jpg
    new and old filters.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 872
  • remote oil filter setup 002.jpg
    remote oil filter setup 002.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 1,859
  • remote oil filter setup 003.jpg
    remote oil filter setup 003.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 3,629

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Hey man, that looks awesome :) Great to have stuff like temps and pressures on demand. You should run some 0-60mph times on the g-tech so I can get a good idea of how far behind you I am ^^

Did you install the filter relocation mainly for the ease of sender installation? Or was there other motivation?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
nice little unit

cheers

Hey man, that looks awesome :) Great to have stuff like temps and pressures on demand. You should run some 0-60mph times on the g-tech so I can get a good idea of how far behind you I am ^^

Did you install the filter relocation mainly for the ease of sender installation? Or was there other motivation?

both. i've never realy liked the small oil filter, engines need there greatest filtering on cold startup but because the oil is thick it doesn't all go through the filter, instead some goes through the bypass valve inthe pump (or filter)
hopefully with much greater filtering capacity this will be reduced/eliminated.

the relocation kit also does make it a lot easier to fit the temp sender unit for the oil temp and i've also mounted the oil pressure sender on output side of the relocation kit so i see the pressure after oil has passed through the filter.

if i ever decide to fit an oil cooler it will make it a lot easier to plump in instead of having to use a sandwich type adaptor under the oil filter which seem quiet restrictive to me

0-60mph

7.08s with traction (best run so far)
7.4s average with wheelspin

Last edited:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Hawt damn, 7.08 :) That's SOOO teasingly close to a 6 :D How are you going to be able to sleep tonight!!!!!

!!!!!!!

</shock and horror>

Makes me want to throw some cash at my own set of diff gears, now. I'm fairly certain that I want 3.7s... but just as certain that they'll be a pain to find in good nick. 3.9s are possibly a little too hardcore for my 70% freeway driving, and and 3.45s don't seem worth the investment from inside my tight, tight little... wallet.

PM me the second you get home after your first sub-7 run ^^ :D

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
sub 7sec 0-60mph

Hawt damn, 7.08 :) That's SOOO teasingly close to a 6 :D How are you going to be able to sleep tonight!!!!!

!!!!!!!

</shock and horror>

Makes me want to throw some cash at my own set of diff gears, now. I'm fairly certain that I want 3.7s... but just as certain that they'll be a pain to find in good nick. 3.9s are possibly a little too hardcore for my 70% freeway driving, and and 3.45s don't seem worth the investment from inside my tight, tight little... wallet.

PM me the second you get home after your first sub-7 run ^^ :D

:w00t:couldn't wait, went straight out this morning to have another go, consistenly getting 15.3 and 15.4 sec 1/4's @ 91.4mph. then i did a 15.2 again BUT this time got 6.918sec 0-60mph :yeah: and still not getting off the start without wheelspin with anything much over 2000rpm launch. i need traction with a few more rpm and i've got a 14 sec pass i'm sure

did a 15.4 with wheelspin almost right through 1st gear. it's got the power, just need traction
can't get better then a 2.3sec 60ft time

Last edited:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Wow, not bad AT ALL!! :yeah

you DO realise that it doesn't stop here, right? Now you're just going to want every single one of those tenths between 6 and 5 :p This is the sort of thinking that leads to the purchase of a V8. >.< lol