Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Omega Mods

DJRandom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore V
hussy is kinda right i have ss kit on my ve and the same wheels as you and it does look like stock but i still like it i am getting my xforce exhaust fitted this week i have green led lights coming for footwells looking for some nice leather interioir maybe clubsport buying ssv taillights soon and lowering it at some stage

Not really a fan of that idea as everyone is doing it. I would go for the sick berlina/omega hsvi body kit like this - HSVi - Omega HSVi Exclusive Lower Body Kit (Not available for Series II)
or a calais front ans sv6 side would look nice too.

Btw with the SV6 rims on it, your car will look like a stock SV6 IF you put the sv6 body kit. Just another reason it might not look nice?!

EDIT: Nick, ive just been looking at the calais and man YOU SHOULD DO IT. Get calais V front and sv6/ss side skirt. Then get the chrome garnish around the door and then around the windows then ontop of the grille and obviously the doors. IT WOULD LOOK EPIC.
Google Images

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Ok time for a quick update,
So this is what I have been working on, sorry about the crap image quality.
img1314g.jpg

img1312b.jpg

img1311k.jpg

img1310pd.jpg

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
wait what wtf how when MORE INSTRUCTIONS LESS PICTURES ...oh wait lol

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
How much has setting up the carputer cost you in total if you dont mind me asking.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
About 3k including a 2k mac and a lot of hours.
More pics and other stuff coming soon :)

Ryzie.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
Duuude, that looks sweet :D I must see this in person!

Do you run your carputer to the speakers? So the headunit does nothing but HVAC?

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
The carputer runs to the rear aux so i still have steering controls and all that stuff.

Pingpongkyle

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 Sedan
Model: 2008 Omega
Colour: Phantom Black
Engine: V6
Transmission: Auto :(
Mods: SSV headlights/tail lights, HID High and low beam, Custom grill, SSV exhaust, G8 diffuser, Green interior lighting, Carputer (MBP in boot with touchscreen upfront), DRL LEDs, Front Splits, Sub and amp, Boot lip spoiler, SS rims, Darkest Legal Tint, Vinyl stripe, debadged, LED parkers and other stuff....
Still To come: FE2 Springs

View attachment 116102
that is my green internal lights, caprice wheel n lilliput screen (for carputer and cameras)

View attachment 116101
green lighting

View attachment 116099
kicker amp, sub and a macbook for carputer

Current pics

70890518.jpg

75388078.jpg

35638869.jpg

26846545.jpg

Bigboss any chance you could give me a hand of how you did your grill? Like where you got the aluminium from and how long it took etc. thanks man!!

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
No probs Mate, I got the pressed aluminium from ebay but you should be able to get some from a local distributor. Then i cut it to shape and folded it around the inside contours of the front bar. To hold it there i used small bolts in strategic locations so you could not see them. Really that was about it, just a point if you are painting it (which you should) give it an over cote with something resilient to impacts because after a wile my paint started to crack and break off.