Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Omega Mods

Blickiss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore Executive
hey mate, awesome car!

i'm about to copy your head unit in the glove box idea. just wondering how you drilled out the back of the glove box/where the screw points are for the facia? cheers

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Thanks Mate,
I just went at it with my Dremel but you really don't need to cut much out of it, just enough to pull your wiring loom through. From memory it was pretty easy to mount in there just a couple of screws through the glove box plastic I think, pretty self explanatory when you pull it out and have a look at it. Best of luck.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
So I have no idea if anyone is still following this thread but if they are good things are on the way. A Mate got a 3D printer the other day (this is going to be fun :) )
My hope is to create a complete faceplate to replace the stock Omega plate, if it works I will upload the design and share it around.
This was our first crack at a cradle and it work pretty much perfectly.

evbamw.jpg

c6sdw.jpg

joeydaly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Pretty much finished it :)
3309rw1.jpg

Great idea! But looking at the top pic the mount is in permanently?
It's such a good idea to use an iPad or even Android tablet. Too many ideas coming into my head!

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV

Brendon94

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Vt Holden commodore
My first car on my Ps and i bought a omega 2008 model, ss bodykit, 20" gloss black rims, lowered not sure what springs but gonna make it lower maybe sssl front & back, xforce exhaust & straight piped. Got a sub and amp, tweeters just for good sound. I want to get a orssome otr cai for v6 sounds awesome but apparently its illegal in queensland & maybe ecu tuned or some sort of tune.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171023-191912.png
    Screenshot_20171023-191912.png
    412.7 KB · Views: 220

Brendon94

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Vt Holden commodore
who says an orssom otr is illiegal
So just found out that they're only illegal if they are too loud and one i saw on youtube for a omega sounded fairly loud. Seen many posts from people saying its illegal in certain states