Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Perfect Blue SV6 Ute

Kozikan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 ssv wagon
Hey bud have a series 2 ssv wagon and have put Ve gts red leather door trims and glove box and under steering wheel in wanting to do the same as you painted down the centre in red but how does it come apart

Kozikan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 ssv wagon
Hey bud how does the centre piece you painted come out. Got a ssv series 2 wagon

daza109

adelaide
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
awsome work dude! did you have to run all those gauges to individual senders in the engine bay or is there a way to pick it up from somewhere else??thinking about getting twin gauge for me VE but running wires to sensers is making me bit resistant..lol

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
awsome work dude! did you have to run all those gauges to individual senders in the engine bay or is there a way to pick it up from somewhere else??thinking about getting twin gauge for me VE but running wires to sensers is making me bit resistant..lol

These gauges run off the OBD 2 port, plug and play. No need to wire in and sensors.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Finally after 2-3 years of having the interior blue, I've finally found the time to finish the rest off. I also fitted a HSVi sports steering wheel a few months ago, feels amazing, couldn't go back now.

Also fitted a small extra to the dash, not very noticeable and it's very small. Let's see if anyone can pick out what's changed.

And no, it's not the auto transmission. Didn't have a good photo of my interior so I used this one.

Looks much better without the horrible round air vents.

thfchayden

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 UTE
I absolutely love the blue interior. I have the same ute but in Red, so I am planning to do the same but in red obviously. Do you think I'd get away plastidipping it while in the car and just masking everything really well with tape, sheets and newspaper? If not, is it easy to disassemble the parts? I am really car newb but want to learn to do stuff myself.

Cheers.

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
I absolutely love the blue interior. I have the same ute but in Red, so I am planning to do the same but in red obviously. Do you think I'd get away plastidipping it while in the car and just masking everything really well with tape, sheets and newspaper? If not, is it easy to disassemble the parts? I am really car newb but want to learn to do stuff myself.

Cheers.

Personally wouldn't bother trying it. Plastidip has a pretty strong smell.

Taking every part out of the car isn't too difficult, but run the risk of breaking trims while attempting it.

I see you're from Melbourne, If you want I can take any trim out that you want to paint.

Send us an email [email protected]