Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Perfect Blue SV6 Ute

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I love the interior man, where did you buy the plasti dip from? I can only find it on ebay, and its like $30, with another $20 for 1 can :/

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
I love the interior man, where did you buy the plasti dip from? I can only find it on ebay, and its like $30, with another $20 for 1 can :/

Here is the link mate, obliviously depending where you live depends on how many stores are available. Though those prices are pretty good i paid $42 for mine. its all in the transport costs as the from amaarica is huge. Even in australia its pricey cos its a flammable material. It sucks cos its so damn cheap in America.

Distributors of Plasti Dip (plastidip) Performix range of products in Australia

tommyk.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
did the iphone control kit work?

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
I havnt received the control kit yet, Nathan is just waiting to get the touchscreen overlay and then he will send it. Not sure if ill actually need the overlay but just incase.

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
I have just organized to pick up a Varex Xforce 2.5" exhaust system, I'm picking it up on Sunday and hopefully getting it fitted within the next few weeks.

The guy got the system taken out of his car and they didn't take out the remote receiver so it cant be remote controlled. Ive contacted a few people but they cant exactly say where it might be located. Doesn't matter though because i had planned to have it controlled by a switch anyway. So ill be wiring it up myself. This will also hopefully allow me to have more control of the volume as the valve can be stopped half way i assume.

I'll keep you all posted :)

Last edited:

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
Can't you install your own reciever?

That means i have to spend more money that i dont want to. I like the idea of being able to control the exhaust from a switch. I dont think there is any real reason to have a remote to control it, other than the fact that its easier as the user doesnt have to worry about installing a switch.

Last edited:

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
I picked up the Varex 2.5" Catback system with 3" tips today, took some pictures of the mufflers as i just gave them a clean. The rest of it is in the car ready for tomorrows install, I'll have pictures up of them on tomorrow hopefully :)

I also added some pictures of the size difference between a stock SS muffler and the Varex muffler.

IMG_2737.jpg

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg