Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Perfect Blue SV6 Ute

johnzombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Latest update, I've painted my glove box and the drivers side panel blue to match my car. All went well and it pretty much looks factory. I used blue Plasti Dip to do it, so i can remove it if i dont want it anymore.

I had to remove the whole glove box and take it apart for a nice clean paint line.

I plan to make it look like the inside of the redline edition but stopping at the handbrake.

Any questions on how i did it just ask.

I don't think that's gonna suit everyone's taste but i love it! Great idea and very original.

Just had a quick look over your thread and the chrome moulding around the foggers looks sweet too. It makes the SSV stock ones look over-done, yours look perfect.

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
Before the perfect blue cam out i wanted to get a red ute with the red interior. but then i loved the perfect blue so much i just had to get it. I don't like colours clashing so that's why i'm slowly making everything blue :)

Thanks mate, Its definetly worth it. Find out when he comes down next and get it done. Yeah got it from Barloworld, I live in Rowville.

Yeah i know its not going to be everyones taste but i love it. Funny that you said that i have just put the SSV chrome mouldings in this week, the ones i did where slowly coming off and dirt was getting caught in the gaps :/

Ill put photo's up soon :)

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
Also new updates, I have just orderd an ipod/iphone control kit which will allow me to view and control my iphone from the touch screen. I hope it works.

I have also just painted one of my wheels white with plasti dip (the same stuff i painted my interior with) im testing it out to see how well it copes with the conditions and cleaning.

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
So as I said in my last post i painted my wheel with plasti dip. Its been on for a week and has held up really well. Gets abit dirty but is still really easy to clean and it holds up well.

What do you guys think, I chose to paint it white as the HDT Blue meanie has white areo wheels and since the perfect blue is based on the same car i thought it would look good.

IMG_2430.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

AlanRobert

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve II SV6 - Voodoo
Well, this is pretty much my ideal car....

Its great, I found it because I was looking on how to do the chrome fog light surrounds. I'm looking for a SV6 2010 in Voodoo, which i plan on doing all the chrome surrounds. I love the plasti dipped dash ( I might just rip that off),showed some friends who all loved it.

As for the rims, they really stand out and look great.
Interested in the iPhone control kit, too
What else do you have planned?

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, this is pretty much my ideal car....

Its great, I found it because I was looking on how to do the chrome fog light surrounds. I'm looking for a SV6 2010 in Voodoo, which i plan on doing all the chrome surrounds. I love the plasti dipped dash ( I might just rip that off),showed some friends who all loved it.

As for the rims, they really stand out and look great.
Interested in the iPhone control kit, too
What else do you have planned?

Thanks mate :)

I advise not doing the chrome surroundings with stick on stuff anymore. After awhile it started to peel off and dirt and other crap got it the gaps. I was able to get a hold of some genuine fog light surrounds and Ill be installing them shortly. I've been able to figure out how to install them. Holden quoted me $500 - $700 to install it + parts. I feel sorry for the guy they told me about that actually paid that.

Ill let you know how it goes and ill upload pictures when its done. So keep checking my thread :)

Go for it, its amazing how well it goes on. Just if abit of dust gets on it, dont try and take it off, it causes a way bigger problem. Its pretty strong stuff too and is holding up really well.

Plans atm: Just commodores sticker for the rear window, blue plasti dip on the centre trim and door handle surrounds, centre trim and the silver trims on the dash wrapped in carbon fibre, light changes, OBD wifi connecter, iphone control kit, exhaust modification. I'm not quite certain if your allowed to have a full cat back exhaust system on your car so i have to find that out otherwise i will just change the mufflers.

I might paint my engine cover blue and i saw a picture of a pontiac G8 ute in Voodoo on ebay that had the front grill painted grey/silver and i had an idea to plasti dip them as well. I'll post a picture and get thought on it. I also would like to paint the rear wall of the cabin blue but don't think that would be a wise idea as i am 6.3 and my seat is very far back.

I'd like to do more but other than that i dont know what else i want to do to it.

Cheers,

Nathan

Ash84

VE Clubsport
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ClubSport
looks good mate, I like the blue interior although I dunno if painting was the best way to do it should have looked at getting in vinyl wrapped much nice finish in my opinion...

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
looks good mate, I like the blue interior although I dunno if painting was the best way to do it should have looked at getting in vinyl wrapped much nice finish in my opinion...

I looked into vinyl wrapping but i figured the vinyl wouldn't stick to well to the plastic as it is an un even surface. In person it looks really good it looks like it had come out of the factory like that as the original bumps of the plastic show through. Plus its only temporary when i don't want it anymore or when i sell it, i can take it off.

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV

It's plasti-dip dude. Sprays on out of the can and then you can peel off if you don't like it (like vinyl) .. that stuff FTW. (you tube plastidip dip my car)

Where did you get the plasti dip from nathan? i'm after some black ...