Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My S2 Berlina

Howks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S-Pack
So do you just cruise around with your mum or something? ;)

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Also remember DUK13Y that all of our comments are opinions only :)

and for about $5500 you can have the raptor kit. If you have a decent exhaust/extractors and the high ratio Roller rockers you will put out closer to 220rwkw's

As for the Ls1 that is a good choice too, but it will be closer to the 7-8k mark by the time it has been installed, new loom ecu etc :) But it does have a lot more potential for working it later.

You have plenty of time to work out what you want, for when you finally get your unrestricted licence.

Yeah I know but I don't think I will be charging it. If anything would eventually upgrade to V8 Calais or SS.

So do you just cruise around with your mum or something? ;)

I run L Plate Cruises with my mates who also have their L's. Sorta the same thing as this but without the active forum. Thanks for asking though. It's good to see new members with valid inputs.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
TOP CAR!

I know its yOUr car but personally i would remove ALL the badges, yes even the 10mx4m chev badge lol

Lower it
Tint the windows
Black wheels with chrome lip.
Change the exhaust tip if you want aswell
Get some vy/vz calais/hsv spec onwards headlights
Some slotted rotors (only get em when the current ones need replacing)

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Thanks mate.

I thought about removing all badges (not the precious chev badge though) and decided just to take off the V6 badges under the indicators. Believe it or not, the windows are tinted. The dealer ripped us off when they "tinted" them. Worst $500 ever spent. I want 'em redone with midnight express.
I was thinking of lowering a bit (maybe a bit lower than FE2) but technically it's my parents car for insurance reasons. If you didn't already know, I'm only on my L's. I'm not to sure how the insurance company would react to it.
I will be getting the Lukey exhaust by the end of the year (still need to convince parents that it's needed:whistling). Tip will be changed to a rolled dual chrome tip.
Will probably leave the rims for now.
Headlights are a bit expensive. But they do look good.
Rotors are still relatively young I think. Under 70,000kms.

Howks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S-Pack
Your rear chev badge isnt exactly dead centre btw....;)

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Your rear chev badge isnt exactly dead centre btw....;)

It's as close to because of placement holes.

The chev badge is there because the old holden badge was rather weathered so i changed. Makes the car more unique imo.

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
It may make the car unique because it makes no sense on a v6? Please just remove it and plug the holes or get a new lion because its a holden and not an Ls1. Even then Im not a fan of rebadging Holden as Chevs (have some pride for your home countries brand).

Please dude, please.

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Nah mate. The badge stays. All my mates know me as the guy with the chev badge and I like it (the badge that is) so I'm not going to change it for other peoples sake.

I do have a strong Holden pride but I also believe that a guy/girl can do whatever (S)HE wants to his/her car. Everyone has their own opinions.