Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vc Wagon.....

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
I bet ya did,have to these days cause you never know when they will come up again,i personally have thought should I or shouldn't I then decided na i'll get them later only to miss the boat so to speak,grab them while you can is now my motto-lol

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Yeah i hear you there, i've hummed & haaaad on a few bits at the beginning & it cost me so yeah better to jump in while they're there for the taking.....

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Went & picked up another parts wagon today, last one i'll be grabbing to wreck unless something special turns up. Finally got the front seats i was after, top half of the rear seat should scrub up but dought the base will. Good thing is car bases fit so should be able to track one down if need be - i no this much this wagon is the perfect wrecker. Every little bit i need for this & the Vl i'm doing is all on this one so $150 well spent:rockon:

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
150 well spent mate,grab what you need and part out the rest,make your money back no probs

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Yeah for sure - will do quite well on this. Found a $100 pair of Italian motor cross goggles under the back seat already lol

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well made myself get my sorry ass out to the shed today & actually do something on the Vc, so far i've sorted out the exhaust to over the diff & welded another section on to give me a straight run to the rear. Just the tail section to weld on next. The hole systems done in 2.5 inch with the one straight through muffler so it should sound mint, once i get it fully welded just have to get a gasket for the collector & get those 3 broken studs out of the head then that'll be the exhaust ticked off the list. The oldman let me no a trick to get those out so will get to those soon, basically weld a nut to the broken stud & ease it out . So that's the next mission.
Also while shes in the air i'm going to finish the rear of her - new tank going in plus fuel pump as the one i got leaks, got the new shortened shocks to fit & the adjustable panhard bar. Will try do all that this week , after that i 'll probably do that last bit of rust i've been putting off. Well better go do some more - heres a few pics :thumbsup:

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
coming along mate,if the welding part doesn't work you can use ezy-outs to get them out

Dylbree

Reaction score
Members Ride
85' VK SL
Top job man, spent my sunday reading this whole thread! I love it :D IM putting an rb30/25 into my VK Commodore :) Got alot of ideas and a rough guide, cheers :D

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
coming along mate,if the welding part doesn't work you can use ezy-outs to get them out

Yeah i spotted some of those ezy-outs on auction here tonight, will see which is going to be easiest. Will try doing them with the motor in place so could be fun lol