Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vc Wagon.....

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
There'll be updates coming on this over the next few weeks, there's been a lot of changes in the plans i had. Just had something niggling at me saying i wasnt going to be happy with some of my choices so i'm addressing those now before i go any further ;)

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well after a lot of thought & some people in my ear over the last year or so about my engine choice i finally gave in when a mate scored me a complete Vp with 171 k's on the clock for $350 so i bit the bullet & sold the rb & started collecting some goodies.
Hoping to get the V6 Conversions loom this week then in a few weeks chuck it all in the hole once i finish & paint the engine bay - scored another 200k engine yesterday for $250 as well with a good set of flows & full 3 inch system. Moving that engine on & keeping the exhaust & flows so yeah big changes, think at the end of it i'm going to be all the happier for doing this & going with the 3.8......

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
You wont regret the V6 if you have no intentions of modifying, a STD RB30 is not overly exciting, they do rev well but i just prefer lazy torque. My pet hate is the way the whole idle/cold start air controls are setup on them, its overcomplicated for the job it does and is problematic at times.

The V6 is far more simple and hardy from experience, inlet manifold gaskets are there biggest downfall. The EFI system is much better to deal with. I loved the VP V6 i had in my Vk went really well.

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
You wont regret the V6 if you have no intentions of modifying, a STD RB30 is not overly exciting, they do rev well but i just prefer lazy torque. My pet hate is the way the whole idle/cold start air controls are setup on them, its overcomplicated for the job it does and is problematic at times.

The V6 is far more simple and hardy from experience, inlet manifold gaskets are there biggest downfall. The EFI system is much better to deal with. I loved the VP V6 i had in my Vk went really well.

Sounds good for sure - i new the only way i'd get the Rb going was turboing it & over here that aint cheap to do then the head gasket issues that come etc etc with them so yeah i'm glad i pulled the pin now before i went to far with the Rb.
The 3.8 i got's a real healthy one & yeah i sure love the lazy tourqe of the V6, i'll be looking forward to getting her back on the road.....

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
back into it again,good to see lol,v6 will definitely get you moving a bit quicker

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Yeah with the sale of the black beast this ones in for some long overdue attention, do have one hickup coming that will slow me down a bit namely garage getting pulled down & new one built because of earthquake damage but apart from that i'll get her together pretty quick. New garage should only take 3 or 4 weeks at worst touch wood anyways, so for now in collecting bits mode & yeah she should be moving a heck of a lot quicker at the end of all this lol

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Bought the adapter loom from V6 Conversions over there today, should have that in the next week so will just the speedo left to sort when i get it in the hole. Have a plan with the speedo, not sure if im going to run with it yet but i'd say it will work.
Had an old vl cluster & a vs one so i had a play & managed to fit the vs speedo into the vl housing - thinking if i get a vinyl shop to make an overlay to go over the top of all the gauges to match it all in it would probably do the trick nicely. Just an idea at pres but might be a viable one.....

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
whens the garage starting?,sounds like you are having fun in collect mode lol

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Not sure but better be soon i want to smell some rubber burning lol