Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VH SL Wagon.

Crash

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais S2 V6, VS 5.0 UTE (sold), VH 355 WAGON..
So just an update on the shifter.
Now this is just sitting there and nowhere near finished. It was a quick throw together to see how it looked. I'll end up painting it brown the same as the console when its done.

That pic is with the B&M Quicksilver shifter in neutral. I think it looks really good.
I think if i was to go to a car event i'd leave it in neutral to just to keep people guessing. haha
@gtrboyy

Last edited:

Brendan Matheson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Hey mate. Tough wagon.
I'm wanting to tub my vh. Can you tell me how much you shortened your diff by and what size are your wheels and tyre's? Did you have to modify the lower control arm's for clearance?

Cheers.

Crash

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate. Tough wagon.
I'm wanting to tub my vh. Can you tell me how much you shortened your diff by and what size are your wheels and tyre's? Did you have to modify the lower control arm's for clearance?

Cheers.
Thanks mate, means a lot.
I think i ended up getting 115mm cut off each end from memory. Just be careful though cos a sedan could be different (assuming you have a sedan).
My wheels are 15x8.5's with a 3 3/8" backspace. With the size of my tubs i could've gone a 10" wheel but would've had to have a smaller tyre. And yeh my lower control arms are notched as well but the rest of the suspension is standard.

Last edited:

Crash

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bit more of an update on the rear seat. I've shortened the in fill panel as well now and just need to weld it up.

I would've liked to cut 80mm off each end but the centres on those ridges are 70mm so that'll do.

This is the under side and the reason why i couldn't just cut and shut it through the centre.

Last edited: