Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VH SL Wagon.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I also decided to run a VS wagon tank because it has a in tank pump. Hopefully its enough to feed the carby.

The top tank is the VS one and the bottom one is the original VH.

What was required to change from the original tank to the VS one? I have a VS Statesman tank here, which I've been contemplating putting into the VC, mainly for the extra fuel capacity, hence the query......

Crash

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais S2 V6, VS 5.0 UTE (sold), VH 355 WAGON..
What was required to change from the original tank to the VS one? I have a VS Statesman tank here, which I've been contemplating putting into the VC, mainly for the extra fuel capacity, hence the query......

In my case, nothing. The tanks were exactly the same shape. All I had to do was modify the filler neck by shortening it by about 40mm.
As far as sedans go I'm not sure. I think it'll b the same theory. I know VN-VS had a difference in straps on the IRS and non IRS cars.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
In my case, nothing. The tanks were exactly the same shape. All I had to do was modify the filler neck by shortening it by about 40mm.
As far as sedans go I'm not sure. I think it'll b the same theory. I know VN-VS had a difference in straps on the IRS and non IRS cars.

Thanks crash

Crash

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had a bit more a go at the back seat a couple of days ago.
I went with round tubs because i wanted them to look standard, now i want the rear seat to look standard as well.
Its been tricky but i think it'll turn out ok.

I had to cut the bottom hinges off and reset them because they didn't line up once it was tubbed and they probably never were going to either.
I then bolted the brackets to the seat back with it in the car and set the gap at the back of the seat after i got some measurements from another car.

Crash

Reaction score
Members Ride
I decided since i upgraded the the booster and master cylinder i might as well upgrade the discs and calipers too.
I had these slotted rotors given to me a while back so i thought i'd finally use them. The standard VH rotors are 270mm and the slotted rotors are 290mm same as VL V8/turbo upwards. The callipers i got off a VS Commodore. The discs needed machining so thats all they've cost me, not bad i reckon.

Bit of paint and bobs your uncle.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Nice!

Old trick was to use larger kingswood pads after getting discs machined...larger surface area.

Ps If going big cam stroker minimum have reserve vacuum canister or even more ideal electric vacuum pump otherwise brake peadal sucks arse.

Move studs for m/cyl bracket further back with vs m/cyl + booster has more distance...to keep it looking neater.

Also 120amp alternator if possible...thermofan,cdi etc etc 85amp still good too

Make sure can get longer leads that go behind rocker covers(looks neater),most dont

Few things that make a difference

Last edited:

Crash

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice!

Old trick was to use larger kingswood pads after getting discs machined...larger surface area.

Ps If going big cam stroker minimum have reserve vacuum canister or even more ideal electric vacuum pump otherwise brake peadal sucks arse.

Move studs for m/cyl bracket further back with vs m/cyl + booster has more distance...to keep it looking neater.

Also 120amp alternator if possible...thermofan,cdi etc etc 85amp still good too

Make sure can get longer leads that go behind rocker covers(looks neater),most dont

Few things that make a difference

I was wondering about the pads. Do Kingswood fit straight in?
I've also been wondering what to do with the vacuum hose for the booster.
I've got a 100amp alternator.
Can't move anything in the bay now, it's all been painted. The booster and master fit in the same anyway.
Thanks for the feed back. It's good.