Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VP Series 2, 3.8l Manual Sedan

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Series 2, 3.8L Executive
Whats up wit urs

nice iv gotta vp to there gud 4 just cruisn mines been off the road 4 awile not many ppl go 4 paintd interiors i rekon it adds a bit of ur self to the car to ur air con vents to

Why's urs of the road mate ??

skruba

holden, honda, pitbulls
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
loss license turned into project car its pretty gud tho if i dnt no sumn or i wana try sumn i just go 4 it if it dont work out fix it or replace it i done my interior black and blue.

skruba

holden, honda, pitbulls
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
more mods info updates

AdamOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wags
nice vp mate, and i agree, "VP's are the best!":thumbsup: how much did the manual conversion set ya back? still tossin up whether to go manual on mine? good on ya

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cost of my conversion

nice vp mate, and i agree, "VP's are the best!":thumbsup: how much did the manual conversion set ya back? still tossin up whether to go manual on mine? good on ya

Yer g'day mate, cost me $1100, thats everything thing plus a new clutch and all that sort of stuff, Worth it mate, just go it :)

Direza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina
How hard was it to convert to manual? anything apart form unbolt and bolt backup?
Was anything custom made? and just woundering what was in the Manual conversion kit?

Gearbox
Clutch
Clutch pedal

what else? give me a run down list? since i am planning to do the same..

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wasn't hard at all, Well worth it to

How hard was it to convert to manual? anything apart form unbolt and bolt backup?
Was anything custom made? and just woundering what was in the Manual conversion kit?

Gearbox
Clutch
Clutch pedal

what else? give me a run down list? since i am planning to do the same..

yer mate, pretty much just swapin over, not much to it besides a bit of spare time, if your good mechanically its quite qiuck, if not you can still do it just takes a bit longer, need for the conversion is :- Gearbox, flywheel (8 bolt for series 2, 6 bolt adapter + flywheel for series 1), pedal box, Clutch (put a new one in, then you know the life. i did), manual tail shaft(abit longer then auto), Spigot Bush (goes into the back of the motor), centre console+rubber gear boot+manual floor plate, and a manual starter motor(manual starters work on auto's but not other way around, my car had a manual in it).

Im pretty sure that it, if you decide to go ahead and need some help just PM me and i'll help out as much as i can. If people try to tell you to replace all the wiring loom and computer with a manual one, dont listen, its almost excatly theme, and it works fine in my car so its just stuff that will make the job more expensive. Hope this helps and enjoy converting, its way better driving a Manual VP. :yeah: :w00t: :dance:

vnsmanual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Manual
nice car man, you gotta love the manual, i know i do! :yeah:

the white dont look to bad but im not a big fan on the door trims, just looks a bit scattered and random, out of place.

but ur car is looking really tidy and straight.

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers man,

nice car man, you gotta love the manual, i know i do! :yeah:

the white dont look to bad but im not a big fan on the door trims, just looks a bit scattered and random, out of place.

but ur car is looking really tidy and straight.

Cheers mate, she'll be even more tidy soon mate, bout to get her all sprayed, gonna keep it silver but alter the silver abit, make it abit lighter but with a bit more shine, should look awesome, i'll put it up when it's all done :dance: