Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VS Acclaim

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Hey mate, im loving the way your car looks (Minus those rims and the uneven exhaust tips)

Did you do the statesman dash your self ? Im curious to do that to mine
Also its fair clean inside and especially outside, Check out mine I'm not that good with the interior side of things but im pretty good with the underbonnet mods etc

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...ies-2-1997-5-speed-manual-v6.html#post2111782

Cheers mate :) Yeah i did the statesman dash myself, its a straight swap, fairly easy. At the end of the day, it is a 16 year old car, so although the photo's make it look alright, it does have its fair share of stone chips and dents from people opening their doors into it :/ not that its extremely bad, just its not perfect. Cheers man, ill check it out :)

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Here you go dude, will start the S pac one soon. Its not going to be easy lol Its all good though. To get better I need to push myself.

Linziwhitewalls.jpg

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
that dash is absolutely amazing with the botanic mica on it, color code your boot granish =p

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Been pretty flat out with school lately, but managed to get a bit done.

First of all I bought a manual conversion!
IMG_1040.jpg

It is a Getrag, and has everything required for the conversion except for the pedal box, all for $500 which I'm pretty happy about :) still need to sort a few things out with it yet before we put it in, and kinda thinking about selling it or swapping it for a T5, but we'll see what happens there yet.

Next is a strut brace
IMG_1041.jpg

Its a Pedders Sports Ryder Strut brace that I came across on eBay and ended up winning it for $80 which I thought was pretty good. When it arrived it was fairly obvious it had seen better days lol, just with marks and crap all over it. so I sanded it back and polished it, came up as good as new. Only problem i have noticed is that it kind of rubs on one of the aircon pipes, and also on the brake fluid reservoir, but I'm not too worried about it.

Third and final was some boot carpet lol
IMG_1039.jpg

may not seem like much, but it tidies it right up, and also with a bit of insulation underneath it stops a lot of the sub rattles, only problem is it weighs the boot lid down, and doesn't really stay up by itself anymore.. shouldn't be to hard to fix though.

Let us know any of your thoughts! cheers :)

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Looks good man.
Gonna be busy with that manual if you decide to put it in.. Only problem.. what you going to do with the power windows? :O
that carpet shouldnt be that heavy... might just need new gas struts man.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Nice man.. Good thinking i reckon sell and get T5 they so much better then getrag and dont have such a sloppy feel to them.. Stronger aswell, cheaper to replace clutch, option of solid flywheel without hafting to pay heaps to do the conversion from dual mass to solid etc etc...

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Well, It's been a while, and haven't achieved much lol. Changed the harmonic balancer, did a valve spring (god knows how), rego, and all that crap. Thinking about either vinyl dying my interior (glove box, fuse cover, door trims, side of console, all that) or covering it with suede, or a bit of both. Then saving up for some mace parts, and get the manual conversion underway. I picked up a T5, and a mad leather steering wheel with stereo control buttons as well :D So the getrags for sale if anyones interested. Let us know thoughts, I don't want it to look tacky either with the interior haha.

IMG_0832.jpg

ripper6

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs acclaim
I love the colour mate, car looks tops. How much would you let the getrag go for ?