Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VS Acclaim

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
After that put in some new rear quarter windows, that i filled and repainted to look like new. These replaced the perished rubber on the old windows, the result is a 1000 X better looking car, can't believe how much of a difference it has made, also repainted the rest of the trim around the windows which helps it. :)

what did you use to paint the trim mate, and also to fill it, im very interested!

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I just gave them a quick sand and clean, then taped the window off and used some filler primer on it, sanded that a back, then used satin black. almost matched in perfectly, ill try get a photo soon.

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
I just gave them a quick sand and clean, then taped the window off and used some filler primer on it, sanded that a back, then used satin black. almost matched in perfectly, ill try get a photo soon.

Thanks man, that's really helpful, like a 320grit or 180 grit paper?

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
umm, yeah before filler primer use something like that, then after the filler primer has dried i think i used 600. It doesn't really matter, theres no rules lol, just do what works.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

I'm keen to see some pics...before and after if you have them ?

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I'm keen to see some pics...before and after if you have them ?

I didn't have any before photo's, but i just sat the old window on top of the new one, you get the same idea. I got some old spare windows off of a mate who happened to have some, so i fixed those ones up, then swapped them over, in case i stuffed it up, hence why i still have the ones which were originally on my car.

Before:
IMG_0988.jpg

After:
IMG_0987.jpg

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Well I got the SS kit on today, and couldn't be happier with how it looks!

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

Let us know your thoughts!

Cheers, Lindsay

Last edited:

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
I envy your car man. haha. I want to so bad ATM...though your engine sounds noisey..

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Look hawt man Im really jealous of your car colour, however I have some suggestions. Instead of explaining them, I photoshopped them!Linzi.jpg