Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VXII Berlina Wagon

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Weaaak. Doesn't sound too bad but they tend to get really raspy at the higher rpm.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
I brought it up to 1200 a few times, but didn't want to flog a stone cold engine. I'll do a warm one later and rev it a bit higher. I really want one if the Gopro suction cups so I can drive while filming the exhaust. If I had my own Gopro I would have by now.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
The other day I FINALLY got around to replacing the horrible gouged up side skirt on the driver's side, with one I got from the same car my seats came from. Very happy with how it turned out. I did the damage years ago, a week after I got my P's while reversing down a steep driveway in the dark. Some idiot had left a star picket pocking out of the ground just far enough to wreck my day.

2d8knt1.jpg

9lk9iu.jpg

Also got stuck into a dash cam install. I did some research and it seems that for a cheap dash cam you can't go past the GW1-H, and for $60 I'm very impressed. It's not as discreet as I'd like, but discreet enough, and the footage is awesome. Easily clear enough to make out number plates if some were to hit me and do a runner. Eventually I'd like to replace it with this one (BlackVue DR550GW-2CH Dual Channel), but considering the prive difference ($60 vs $412), I can wait.

1zoyv6h.jpg

315iers.jpg

m8mb8z.jpg

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
I went back and got a Clear CAI lid from MACE, as my K&N filter looked a lot better than the red/black filter that came with the CAI originally. Then I didn't like the colour of the coolant overflow cap, so i hit that with some leftover paint from when I did my engine cover.

15wh0yd.jpg

This is how the engine sits today. Pretty happy with how it looks, I just need to do something about the rocker covers, and get some sort of cover for the negative terminal. I'll also paint the Oil dipstick silver to match the engine cover.

dcdcmc.jpg

ae85.6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Ecotec VY Commodore Wagon
Hi, cool wagon. Don't suppose you have a vid of the engine warmed up and can do a couple revs ? Just interested in what sounds like what for when replacing my wagons comes along. Cheers