Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VXII Berlina Wagon

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Love it. It still firms it up during easy driving, but isn't that bad. It's only when you boot it that you really feel the kick. It made a huge improvement for downshifting under acceleration though.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Repainted my engine cover and sanded off the V6 3800. Pretty happy with the sanding, not so happy with the paint. I'll fix it one day.

2njgcoi.jpg

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
I was getting a bit sick of the blue dash, so I've swapped it out for a grey one I bought cheap ages ago hoping it was satin silver (Like my vents and steering wheel spokes). It's a bit damaged, but it'll do until I find a cheap Piano black one, or an actual satin silver one. Also ran the wire for my Bluetooth mic for my head unit behind all the dash pieces, just have to tuck it behind the A pillar now.

2u87wjq.jpg

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
More leather! Genuine VZ seats bought NOS in in 2012 by another forum member and then sold to me a few weeks ago. Just fitted them today. Pretty happy with the look. I'll keep my eye out for a matching set of rear seats, but there's no rush.

ieju5x.jpg

Last edited:

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Finally got around the replacing the driver's side headlight with the 2nd hand one I bought nearly a year ago. Looks so much better without all the moisture that was in the housing. There is still a bit in the passenger side (that wasn't leaking when i bought the driver's replacement on its own), but it's no where near as bad, and quickly evaporates when the lights are on. I'll replace them both with the black headligts from a Calais at some stage in the future.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
MattaY[s2];2654843 said:
Tuff car man well done. Leather makes the car look so much more cleaner. Should get some blue radiator housing when you get around to cleaning the engine bay will look nice.

I've thought about it. I might get blue hoses for the top and bottom main hoses, and keep black for the rest. Debating alloy rocker covers vs painting the current ones to match the engine cover as well.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
FINALLY got the front sway bar fitted today. I first planned on fitting one last November, ordered the front and rear bars off eBay. The rear bar came and I waited for 3 weeks before asking the seller where the front one was, only to be told that they didn't have any in stock and it would be 8+ weeks. I contacted EVERYONE who had one on eBay and got the same answer. Fast forward to mid April this year and I get told by site sponsor GSL that they have one, which I promptly purchase, only to be told 2 days later that it was actually phantom stock and again given I'm got the ETA of 8+ weeks, or the option to wait 3 weeks for a Signature sway bar, which I choose, and received in late July. Now it has finally been fitted. Unfortunately Signature elected to paint the bar, whereas many brands (like my rear one) are powdercoated, so my mechanic took a lot of paint off trying to squeeze it around the K-frame. Not a huge issue for me as although I like making my engine bay look nice, no one looks that close. But for someone with a show car, that might be a big deal.

Regardless, I look forward to testing it out properly. The rear one made a big difference on windy road, and the car felt a bit stiffer on the way home from the mechanics. I'll give it a good test tomorrow.

Also finally got the ABS fixed which is nice.

2qsxj7r.jpg