Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY SS, I Finally Got One

thatbrynguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Commodore SS 5.7L M6
A bit like me when I brought my SS...

Hahaha yeah mate. Exactly like that. I actually did have a look through your thread about the SS when you got it and had a bit of a chuckle to myself that I was about to do the same thing. How is yours going? Got all that red dust out of it yet?

thatbrynguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah all good buddy. No harm done. They are so quiet standard arnt they!

They really are. And that's what's had me torn is that I really like the idea of having an original condition SS, because they're just so rare now in this colour. And really that's why I waited for one to come along before buying. But they're just so quiet and obviously as soon as I throw an exhaust on for some sound. Its not original anymore. So hmm.

WAGONBEAST57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon V8 A4
Just get a catback and keep the original??

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Nice pick up M8, looks well looked after. Noticed your in Adelaide. When your ready for any mods I can recommend the following companies as they do good, reliable work at good prices.
Exhaust - Exhaust Dynamics ask for Mick
Engine Mods, otr and tuning - Olsen Automotive ask for Daniel (knows commodore engines inside out)
Wheel repairs and refurbishment - Smart paintworx ask for Ryan (they come to you as its a mobile service)
Have fun with your new ride....

thatbrynguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers kangavxss. I'll keep those in mind down the track if I decide to go that way!

thatbrynguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just updated with a few photos I took in the Adelaide Hills tonight!

thatbrynguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers mate, I was actually pretty happy with the way the first one turned out (the one with the 45 sign in the background).

The two that were taken after sunset were up by Eagle On the Hill. The other two were somewhere south of Mount Lofty, headed towards Stirling.

thatbrynguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Haven't updated in a while. Not a whole lot to update with. Just cleaned it up and decided to take some new shots, looks so good after a decent clean. Only thing I've done since buying it is continuing to clean it up and removed the tow bar just recently, does feel a bit lighter without it.

New shots:

uploadfromtaptalk1388741191119.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1388741224445.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1388741248298.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1388741283329.jpg

Tow bar gone:

uploadfromtaptalk1388741439740.jpg

Things to do next:

Take SS badge off, fix up the gouge in the paint and put the badge on straight (really bugs me that its on crooked)

uploadfromtaptalk1388741521598.jpg

Replace the Holden badge on the boot with the correct satin chrome badge, can't figure out why its got a chrome badge on it (bugs me also haha)

e2ude3e5.jpg

Aside from a few little imperfections I'm still very happy with the car :cool: