Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Ute

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Looks sweet as mate. If you only just got it lowered it'll drop a bit from there. Let em sag a bit over a couple of weeks and should drop nicely :thumbsup:

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
nice ute mate, really clean

feek..... i think mine is actually really low actually
see what you mean about mine tucking lol

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
yer I think I might go with the sedan ones. that'll make it sit level

Oh and I think it's settle as much as its gonna it has dropped a bit more but not as much as I want it to. theres still about 15mm gap between the top of the wheel and the guard.

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
Nice Ute Mate Love The Sigs On White Cars

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
yer i reckon it sounds alright for stock proli get the rear section changed soon to make some noise then i think itll sound pretty nice! :yeah:

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
hey guys just wondering if anyone could help me. i noticed ages ago when someone else was driving my ute that one of my lights is duller than the other, i thought it was the globe so i changed them to kaixen white ones but my mate said that theres still one thats duller.

What do people reckons wrong? or could it be as simple as one of the lights has dropped down a tad and i just have to adjust it? ill be trying this 2night :)

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Hmm, no good eyy..

Like you said, it might be adjusted down a bit, if its the drivers side one it will be down a little compaired to the passenger (so it doesnt blind oncoming traffic as much) Park it about 5 meters, or so, away from a wall/garage door/fence and have a geeze, see where they're aimed at..

If they look alright, it could be a bad earth, where it earths to the body/chasis, or bad connection inside the headlight where the bulb goes in, they have waterproof plastic covers over them, that twist into place, if thats not sealing or if its missing, it can corrode the terminals..

Or if its none of that, it could maybe be a dirty reflector/projector thing, if your headlights have been pulled apart to paint them, maybe it got dirty/overspray/something on it?? maybe, even check if the crome is flaking off it..

Hmm, hopefully some of that helps you out mate, let us know how you go this evening..

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
thanks for that mate im goin to check it out now so see how we go :D