Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Whipple Blown VT Senator Signature 220i

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
Awesome work with the Sig and its a 5L too. Dream combo imo. I think maybe one of those Harrop diff covers could be a good idea when you change the diff gear around. Ive heard they are good for tramp issues plus have a higher capacity to keep it all cooler in there.

Edit: Here we go, found a link; 99-ACVR6824-00

Cheers Mate,

Yeh, it's a Holden motor, But 5.7 Stroker :)))
Those diff covers do look the goods, see how I'm going 4 cash when I get the diff done :).

I fitted some new shocks today, so see how it goes, I've had a drama with belts climbing over the Crank Pulley at high rpm, so I have spaced the alternator out 2mm to see how that goes.

I'm yet to drive it after the rear end fix......Shower & dinner, then maybe a cruise somewhere.......

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmmmmmm,
this thing is still shuddering from the rear :-(
Checked tyre pressure, and set them at 28psi,
Shocks=NEW
K-Frame Bush's=NEW
Tailshaft=NEW

WTF is it??
Maybe the CV's in the drive shafts?
Diff is not noisy, so it's not that :-(

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
go the full twin 3 exhaust a friend of mine did that to his vortech vnss only a 5l but made good power and torque over the stock system

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
go the full twin 3 exhaust a friend of mine did that to his vortech vnss only a 5l but made good power and torque over the stock system

Already have Twin 3" Mate, Cheers for the heads up :)

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
How bad is the shuddering? I've had a couple of VT-VX with the wrong/worn out oil in the diff and the LSD chatters.

It's enough to know it's there, doesn't feel like it's going to break something, but is very annoying, plus, it's worse one minute, and OK the next????

I don't like driving a car like this..... It is much worse now that the Nolathane Bush's and harder shocks are in :-(

I really want to get it sorted so the car can go for it's Engineers Cirtificate...................

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
It's enough to know it's there, doesn't feel like it's going to break something, but is very annoying, plus, it's worse one minute, and OK the next????

I don't like driving a car like this..... It is much worse now that the Nolathane Bush's and harder shocks are in :-(

should take it to a suspension place to get it all checked out, was it doing it before the charger went on?

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
should take it to a suspension place to get it all checked out, was it doing it before the charger went on?

It did do it, but only at full noise and as it shifted to 2nd.......for half a second or so.............
Now it is any time you ask for a little bit of torque ................................