Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY15 SSV PHNTYM

Status
Not open for further replies.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
While the black rims don't look bad, I much prefer the silver.

Brakes do stand out more now. I think the silver brake looks better with the black rims. Red brakes for silver rims.

Yea fair enough, I’ve had the silver wheels for almost 3 years now, needed a change.

SCCJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
for what’s its worth I wouldn’t change a thing,
One tough looking vf

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Couple of side shots on an overcast day. I'm not sure what looks better, silver or black.

But I love the look of the car now. Would love to lower it a little more but the new X force exhaust hangs way too low, might have to get a custom catback, there is so much room to tuck it up further, good one X force..

The brakes stand out a bit more now too, thinking of painting them, maybe red? Not sure. I don't mind them silver.

Waiting on some different plates to arrive, the black acrylic ones without the white outline. And sorting out LSA supercharger kit from Boost District in the US.

25_A5_C9_FE_F75_A_4336_93_A2_7_C8_AD8_F5_BACB.jpg

E76_BA5_B2_E531_4655_82_B8_C3_A97_A42_BFFE.jpg
Im a big fan of the black! defos prefer that to the chrome! A s2 ss front bar would look sick also!
The Difilippo catback tucks up as good as any so id suggest looking for a 3inch dpe catback, the only thing that lets Difilippo down is the headers and cats so if you kept your headers and cats and just did the dpe catback you'd be set!

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Im a big fan of the black! defos prefer that to the chrome! A s2 ss front bar would look sick also!
The Difilippo catback tucks up as good as any so id suggest looking for a 3inch dpe catback, the only thing that lets Difilippo down is the headers and cats so if you kept your headers and cats and just did the dpe catback you'd be set!

Cheers mate. Yea I’ve thought about the S2 bumper, definitely looks better, but might be a bit wannabe.

Will look into a few catback options one day, I don’t really like the sound of the Xforce 3 inch, I think think my old set up actually sounded better.

Does the DPE catback bolt up to the factory cat position?

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Cheers mate. Yea I’ve thought about the S2 bumper, definitely looks better, but might be a bit wannabe.

Will look into a few catback options one day, I don’t really like the sound of the Xforce 3 inch, I think think my old set up actually sounded better.

Does the DPE catback bolt up to the factory cat position?
yes there are middle sections when you dont have the dpe headers and cats that bolt up to the factory headers or short headers like what you have, the dpe system is probabley the deepest system and i would definately recommend! that paired with your agressive cam would sound unreal!!

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ended up deciding on Magnuson blower as the LSA set up wasn't going to be much cheaper. It's going on in 2 weeks, with a Mantic 9000 ceramitalic twin plate.

The cam is getting changed as well to something more suited to boost, I'm thinking about the VCM 16, specs 233/238 .598 .602 @114, has anyone got any experience or opinions on this cam, or can recommend something else? Car only driven every now and then.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
She all done. I would recommend this clutch to anyone. Lighter than stock pedal, predictable, barely any noise, just a tiny bit of chatter in neutral that you can only hear at night with stereo off. I haven't given it full throttle yet as still bedding it in, but feels great.

5_D830_CE8_CEF9_4895_8_E7_B_27_A3_B914_A0_C3.jpg

1_BC94453_BC29_4509_BC00_8_E2934_AD8_EAA.jpg

E2_FE11_FB_FE63_45_ED_9994_E81_F1_F9_E8_CA6.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
She all done. I would recommend this clutch to anyone. Lighter than stock pedal, predictable, barely any noise, just a tiny bit of chatter in neutral that you can only hear at night with stereo off. I haven't given it full throttle yet as still bedding it in, but feels great.

5_D830_CE8_CEF9_4895_8_E7_B_27_A3_B914_A0_C3.jpg

1_BC94453_BC29_4509_BC00_8_E2934_AD8_EAA.jpg

E2_FE11_FB_FE63_45_ED_9994_E81_F1_F9_E8_CA6.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.