Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY15 SSV PHNTYM

Status
Not open for further replies.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
The wheel is probably the best bit, makes the car feel completely different, its padded and done in Nappa and Alcantara, I wish I got the full wheel done in the Alcantara.

F2_C55_F88_393_B_472_C_8_F26_242_F4601_A839.jpg

I've always loved this car, there is always something good going on with it.

May I ask one question about the Alcantara steering wheel.

The Alcantara is used for it high wear and grip properties, why have you had the top and bottom trimmed when it's usual to have the sides done as that's where you'd normally grip a wheel?

I've attached a photo of a wheel in a Merc to show what I mean.

Mercedes Alcantra Steering Wheel.jpg

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've always loved this car, there is always something good going on with it.

May I ask one question about the Alcantara steering wheel.

The Alcantara is used for it high wear and grip properties, why have you had the top and bottom trimmed when it's usual to have the sides done as that's where you'd normally grip a wheel?

I've attached a photo of a wheel in a Merc to show what I mean.

View attachment 202664

Because I fucked up lol. I went off the design of one in the showroom. A day after driving it I wished I had done the whole thing in Alcantara.

I might get it done again one day, $550 I might wait till it wears a bit first..

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
The bottom is actually leather, just not perforated like the sides.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Because I fucked up lol. I went off the design of one in the showroom. A day after driving it I wished I had done the whole thing in Alcantara.

I might get it done again one day, $550 I might wait till it wears a bit first..

We all make decisions we regret, still it all looks good.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Video of best run so far. 11.259 @128.3mph, 1.721 60FT. A couple other runs were @131mph. I think it’s the stiff coilovers holding me back the most.

Drop the clutch any faster and I just get bad axle tramp and spinning. Rear coilovers (XYZ) have to come out to change dampening. I just want a 10.something as it is now.

The car also has a wierd hesitation after shifting from 3rd to 4th for a split second.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Thoughts on switching to Shockworks from the XYZ's? a few quick VE/F's running them these days.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual? Getting stalled auto off the line bit easier than manual. Do they have remote dampening?

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
are you running a spacer plate and/or interchiller? looks like slight suspension changes and a touch more power is only thing you might have left without spending the really big bucks!

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
are you running a spacer plate and/or interchiller? looks like slight suspension changes and a touch more power is only thing you might have left without spending the really big bucks!

Na no chiller mate. Can’t really justify the $6k at least for the set up I want. The car has enough power to run a 10, given the 131mph. Just need a 1.6 or maybe 1.5 60FT and that’s a 10.

Car is booked in for the shockworks suspension that Sandman suggested. See if I can set the rear up a bit better for the launch.

3_putt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute
Mint SSV mate! You should put the SF01s on all round, looks tough (I’m biased though have them on mine)

Have you looked at upgrading your rear control arms, toe rods etc to get the power down better at the drags?

Status
Not open for further replies.