Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY15 SSV PHNTYM

Status
Not open for further replies.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mint SSV mate! You should put the SF01s on all round, looks tough (I’m biased though have them on mine)

Have you looked at upgrading your rear control arms, toe rods etc to get the power down better at the drags?

Thanks mate. I have looked at some stuff from BMR in the US but they wanted crazy money for shipping. Do you know of anything locally?

3_putt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute
its is unfortunately, Superpro do make the same gear I believe but net searches doesn’t bring much up (which tells me that they might not make them anymore). Next option is getting some fabbed up (probably be around the same price as the BMR gear with shipping $$). I’m interested to know how you get on with your shockworks coilovers and how they compare to XYZs.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
its is unfortunately, Superpro do make the same gear I believe but net searches doesn’t bring much up (which tells me that they might not make them anymore). Next option is getting some fabbed up (probably be around the same price as the BMR gear with shipping $$). I’m interested to know how you get on with your shockworks coilovers and how they compare to XYZs.

It’s a shame because from what people have said the BMR gear makes a world of difference. Yea will see how we go mate.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
If you lean on the clutch a little more you can do a second gear launch which should give you a better 60ft, first gear is extremely short which doesn't work too well on the strip with big power.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you lean on the clutch a little more you can do a second gear launch which should give you a better 60ft, first gear is extremely short which doesn't work too well on the strip with big power.

Haven’t thought about that. Have you tried this before?

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Haven’t thought about that. Have you tried this before?
Yeah, it works but you need a good clutch. I've got 440rwhp and a standard clutch so I didn't lean into it too much.

It even says in the owners manual you can take off in second for "economical take off driving" but I reckon the taller ratio would be good for the 60ft.

Strattos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SS
G'day mate, love the mods you've done and how your car has turned out - it's awesome.

Just a quick query re your brake package - did you end up getting them engineered? And if so, what the key issues they were looking for?

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
G'day mate, love the mods you've done and how your car has turned out - it's awesome.

Just a quick query re your brake package - did you end up getting them engineered? And if so, what the key issues they were looking for?

Thanks bud! Na never got them engineered mate, wouldn’t think the car wouldn’t pass the emissions test on current cam on 98.

3_putt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute
Did you end up getting the shockworks dampers?

Status
Not open for further replies.