Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY15 VF Commodore

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
Thanks Kingyinperth, I agree, however I meant buying a second hand VE gen 3 R8 manual wagon. I have decided to leave my currant car alone and see what Holden does with the last Commodore. If it is something special I will buy one. If not I will put a 1.9 Litre supercharger on my current one.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
As of today the consensus is the next VF update due in coming weeks (perhaps called VFII), will get LS3 / L99 in at least the Redline perhaps upg across all, badged 308 or 310 kW, TapShift 2.0 high speed flappy paddles in auto.

2014_chevrolet_ss_front_seats.jpg

At least Redline will get seats from the Chevy SS, perhaps HIDs and blade aerial.

Oh and HSV is 340 SV spec min, possibly LSA for Maloo and Senator, LT4 for GTS.

Last edited:

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
As of today the consensus is the next VF update due in coming weeks (perhaps not VFII yet), will get LS3 / L99 in at least the Redline perhaps upg across all, badged 308 or 310 kW, TapShift 2.0 high speed flappy paddles in auto.

2014_chevrolet_ss_front_seats.jpg

At least Redline will get seats from the Chevy SS, perhaps HIDs and blade aerial.

Yes!

To put HID in the Australian Commodore and meet ADR's, GM would have to fit self levelling headlights and washers for the headlights. Since the US models don't need either HID was easy for them. I just can't see Holden spending that kind of money on one or two Commodore models which only have a couple of years or so of production left to go.

The seats are possible, but unlikely as the US ones looks like they would cost more to produce, then what they fit now to Australian models. This is especially so, when they did a running change on the Redline and took the extra seat bolstering on the lower cushion out of the car. Why would they decide to suddenly put it back in again?

Honestly I would be happy if the just added memory position to the drivers seat and an auto dimming mirror to SS-V.

The engine seems possible to keep at least Redline competitive with the new Falcon XR8 and the aerial is a cheap upgrade, so that's possible I guess, if purely a cosmetic thing. Mind you I always thought the argument for the current aerial design was reception in country locations - particularly AM. Holden is probably better off offering the new aerial, under the Holden by design branding, with a disclaimer that its not as good for country owners and let the owners who desperately want it, to pay a few dollars more for it. Many would.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Lights: Driven by customer expectation / need for them on HSV, relatively low cost, provides another welcome sales tick box / high value offering on high spec Holden variants.

Seats: They are a straight swap, already in production.

Not long to wait now, I won't be disappointed as long as we get another 50 stock kilowatts from L99 6.2 AFM VVT hollow intake valves, DSG-like changes and race seats.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
ADR compliant HID already exist in Caprice and have done for years. Why they haven't made it down to lower models is beyond me when cheaper Euros and Asian models have them.

I wonder if the 12 year old mirrors will be upgraded! lol

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
ADR compliant HID already exist in Caprice and have done for years. Why they haven't made it down to lower models is beyond me when cheaper Euros and Asian models have them.

I wonder if the 12 year old mirrors will be upgraded! lol

Caprice didn't get the front end re-design so they're still running VE lights. Not a drop in replacement for facelifted VF models.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Caprice didn't get the front end re-design so they're still running VE lights. Not a drop in replacement for facelifted VF models.

Not a drop in, no. But the VF headlight housings already exist so they're drop in. Adapting the self levelling components to the new housings won't be hard at all.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
I haven't heard good reports from the US about the level of support in the seats. Mine in the Redline are okay but could be better in the side. They're definitely not Recaro's.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Fingers crossed for the L99/LS3 across the range. I'm in the market for an SS ute. New MY's generally start production on the 1st of September. Would be a nice birthday present for myself for October I reckon :)