Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My16

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
They're real colours.... Sometimes we wonder what drugs they're on in the marketing department

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Good marketing ploy I say. Certainly worked for 1970's MOPAR sales in the US with their hero colours like SubLime, GoMango and Plumb Crazy. Has anyone looked at a paint colour chart lately? Dorky names are par for the course.

Anyway on more important matters, if the last of the Redline's (MY17?) get all the US SS gear including MRC, then I'm in. The ONLY way I would option up to a Clubby would be if it was LSA equipped and only marginally dearer that a Redline with an aftermarket blow job. Personally I prefer the understated sleeper look of the Redline over the more ostentatious Clubby, and an aftermarket blower can easily add more grunt to an LS3 than the standard LSA.

Of course if the ZL/1 becomes available to satisfy the Aussie thirst for RWD V8 grunt then I will have a hard decision on my hands.

Good times ahead for the V8 fraternity, and at a time in life for me when I can afford to play. ;-) Just such a shame it's the end of an era. But one way or another whether it's Camaro or Caddy, GM will likely not ignore the southern appetite for rumbling 8's. Let's hope...

Gixxer7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
The 2017 top of the line RWD Commodore... the evolution that we deserve:

640HP & 200 mph :yarr:

Is the sigma platform related to zeta?

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Is it safe to assume with the switch to the 6.2 LS3 that the AFM capabilities and flex fuel technology of the current 6.0 will be lost?

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
do the my15 even run e85?

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
E85 was dropped for MY15, so lack of it on LS3 is no real issue.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Is the sigma platform related to zeta?

Sigma is not even close to zeta. It was considered for Holden but had many short comings - heavy and expensive to manufacture and no where near as flexible as what Holden needed so Zeta was developed.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
E85 was dropped for MY15, so lack of it on LS3 is no real issue.

What, are you certain it is dropped from the tune? Do you have some documentation / statement or url relating to that or just its absence from sales guff?

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
The E85 capability was advertised with the Redline in 2013 when I purchased my car. I noted today its been removed from all web pages at the Holden site. Now it simply lists ULP or PULP as fuel options for the V8. I downloaded the more detailed specs list in PDF form and its gone from there too.

Certainly looks like no support for it in the 2015 models.