Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
Except in this case Holden has done the opposite. They first stated that there would be enough supply to meet all demand, then they backflipped and limited supply with an allocation system.
At the end of the day I had several options to consider -
1. Buy a my16 runout with a significant discount but end up with a car that will be considered to be 1 year old in only a couple of weeks..
2. Wait till later in 2017 to buy a my17 but then possibly miss out on colour and trans options or possibly miss out altogether..
3. Wait till 2018 and buy a runout my17 which is simply not an option for me
4. Order now, pay a slightly higher price, but have my order and preferences secured and receive a brand new car in the same month that it was built.

I would normally baulk at paying close to retail for a car, but in this case, as I don't have a crystal ball, I have decided its not work the risk to wait. Once Holden closes, thats it, there will never be another locally produced V8 rear wheel drive Commodore sedan ever, and I don't want to potentially ruin my chance of buying one for the sake of a couple of grand.
Congrats Zero. Quite a few posts back super coach, i think it was, mentioned the possibility of new 20" rims for the ssvr. Does anyone have any updates on that ?As I've said before, I'm not a fan of these black rims but must accomodate the brembos. Would be nice if holden people would talk to hsv wheel suppliers - hint.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I think the reason for the back flip is that GM as a whole are in some serious financial strife at the moment. They're laying off tens of thousands of people as the pipeline of vehicles produced is choking dealerships who cannot move the cars quick enough. There is currently close to half a years worth of Camaro stock and even more Corvette waiting to be sold. Cadillac is doing poorly too and have overproduction to the max.
Ford are apparently in a similar position and in the US the 90 day car loan arrears are on the sharp rise. It's really that bad at the moment for car producers and to snuff out Holden VF Commodore production is probably saving a few peoples livelyhoods elsewhere.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I think the reason for the back flip is that GM as a whole are in some serious financial strife at the moment. They're laying off tens of thousands of people as the pipeline of vehicles produced is choking dealerships who cannot move the cars quick enough. There is currently close to half a years worth of Camaro stock and even more Corvette waiting to be sold. Cadillac is doing poorly too and have overproduction to the max.
Ford are apparently in a similar position and in the US the 90 day car loan arrears are on the sharp rise. It's really that bad at the moment for car producers and to snuff out Holden VF Commodore production is probably saving a few peoples livelyhoods elsewhere.

Yet from what I've read, Holden will be producing batches of a couple of thousand Chevy SS's to send over there next year, while it neglects its local customers???

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
It's really that bad at the moment for car producers and to snuff out Holden VF Commodore production is probably saving a few peoples livelyhoods in 'merica.

Fixed it for you.

Yet from what I've read, Holden will be producing batches of a couple of thousand Chevy SS's to send over there next year, while it neglects its local customers???

It is GM neglecting Australian customers, not Holden.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Holden originally was a saddlery manufacturer in South Australia until in 1931 GM took control. And GM been screwing, shagging, banging, bonking, getting it on or humping us (however you want to say it) ever since, shouldn’t be a shock to anyone. Remember it’s all about their $’s baby and what’s profitable for them, not you or me, remember ‘Smoke n Mirrors’ show.

The couple of thousand Chevy SS is about a total of 3000 for the US market, not much for that segment of the world.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2013/11/monthly-year-y-usa-chevrolet-ss-sales-figures.html

Holden been selling the Chevrolet SS sedan since 2014 and they been averaging over the years about 3000 units

Making the US units never affected Aussie production, and if as claimed full production is continuing throughout the 2017 model year then we should be OK.

I’m going to wait till early next year before placing my order, and I already submitted my EOI on their website now waiting for their contact.

And if it doesn’t blow out the budget I’ll have a (sound like a cup of tea) "T43" Rear Wing Spoiler

Otherwise I’ll be swayed (
) to move closer (
) to HSV's supercharged 2016 Clubsport R8.

bradles024

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR8
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not; however, when insuring my new VFII SSV-Redline today, I was asked by Coles Insurance whether this was the standard Redline or the 'Reserve Edition'... if it is the Reserve Edition, the premium was an extra $200 per annum...

That's strange. I'm with racv and they didn't have reserve edition in their system so it's insured as a standard redline.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not; however, when insuring my new VFII SSV-Redline today, I was asked by Coles Insurance whether this was the standard Redline or the 'Reserve Edition'... if it is the Reserve Edition, the premium was an extra $200 per annum...
Must be entire motorcycle enthusiast clubs full of criminals out there dealing 'em on the blackmarket for their badges & red wheel centre-caps!!

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Must be entire motorcycle enthusiast clubs full of criminals out there dealing 'em on the blackmarket for their badges & red wheel centre-caps!!
Considering the Reserve Editions have been sold to Holden employees only I guess it makes it easy to profile whose owning the car, where they live, what their work circumstances are in the immediate future, etc... I can see how they would screw the cost up $200 over the Redline.