Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I think the reason for the back flip is that GM as a whole are in some serious financial strife at the moment.

I think you may want to do your research on that one.

According to Fortune, earlier this year GM led a $1bn equity financing in Lyft.com earlier this year. Its reported participation was $US500,000,000!

GM is selling cars in 37 countries and doing very well, so I have no idea how you can say that they are in "financial strife". You don't invest $US500,000,000, if you are in "financial strife",..Lol

Alex Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Hi All,

Just ordered a manual my16 r/l in red hot.

Picked it up for 53,200 with black out kit too.

Once I take out the gst (buying via novated lease) my cost will be 48,590!!!

If you're in the fence, stop your dilly dallying and go buy a cheap as chips my16 and not the 60k+ my17, it's put me 12k ahead of depreciation immediately.

All for what... tpms and black inserts on the dash/steering wheel.... hardly worth it

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
You don't lay off 10,000 people unexpectedly if things are going well.

Really? Are you at all familiar with the way businesses run today? Whats the quickest way to cut some costs and increase the bottom line?

iiNet saw revenues of AUD1.059 billion in FY 2016. iiNet is now cutting staff left, right and centre in Melbourne & Sydney.

GM has nearly a 1/4 Million staff. In fact in the 5 years between 2010-2015, staff numbers grew from 202,000, to over 215,000. Do you think 10 000 is a huge number when you consider the numbers of staff? Look at GM's financials.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
GM is making circa $1Bn/month at present, but this is all off the back of the US pickup market. They're investing plenty in cars/SUV's in case the truck market collapses.

Other than the large inventory of Camaro's, the increase in stock can mainly be put down to them building up stocks of their CUV's (Equinox, Terrain, Acadia and Traverse), due to new models being released in the next couple of months. It always take a factory a few months to get up to full speed on a new model and they don't want to be left with no stock. The same thing is happening in Australia, they built a bucketload of Cruze's and at one point there was probably 6 months stock sitting on the ground, but those cars have to last until the new Astra sedan arrives in April.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
My MY17 SS redline is scheduled to have a production date of 11th January 2017. Must be within the first 400 cars produced in 2017.

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Hi All,
Just ordered a manual my16 r/l in red hot.
Picked it up for 53,200 with black out kit too.

How did you source this? that website that people use to get multiple quotes?

JRS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Anyone want to see what the MY17 Commodore colours look like on the car. Go to http://www.chevrolet.com/ss-sports-sedan.html - that will give a sneak peek

hmm I like the colours and wish the ice grey and orange was available as part of our MY17 range. Looks like light my fire is a darker version of the Orange as part of the Chevy range. If that ice grey and orange were included as part of our MY17 range im going to have one hell of a decision based on colour alone. Im still on the fence on the spitfire colour.

JRS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
GM is making circa $1Bn/month at present, but this is all off the back of the US pickup market. They're investing plenty in cars/SUV's in case the truck market collapses.

Other than the large inventory of Camaro's, the increase in stock can mainly be put down to them building up stocks of their CUV's (Equinox, Terrain, Acadia and Traverse), due to new models being released in the next couple of months. It always take a factory a few months to get up to full speed on a new model and they don't want to be left with no stock. The same thing is happening in Australia, they built a bucketload of Cruze's and at one point there was probably 6 months stock sitting on the ground, but those cars have to last until the new Astra sedan arrives in April.

would it be right in thinking that holdens priority here next year will be the new commodore, barina spark and Arcadia - especially the Arcadia.