Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
So my SOAG SSVR has arrived at the dealership a few hours ago. They were apparently too busy to bust out some pics of it on the truck, but they're leaving it plastic wrapped for me to come down and have a look tomorrow.

The car actually arrived on time (31/3) after being told it would come in on the 3/4, then the 7/4. So a pleasant surprise.

Only PITA as of last night is despite credit approval on Tuesday, the financier as asked through my novated leasing company, for my 2015/16 FY Tax Assessment to complete the settlement. But I've typically left it till May the following year to complete my returns, so naturally my most recent one is FY 2014/15. And so now they are umming and ahhhing. Far out. I don't think they can really force me to complete my latest returns just to prove my income, they're not late. I always thought that's what the pay slips and a call to your employer were for!

Finance companies, I really hate them.

That's very poor form from your finance company leaving it to the last minute to request this information.
Hope it all works out well for you.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
I've got a SOAG beast on the way... I'll be getting it done.

I'm in Canberra but picking up from adelaide. Thinking of getting it done while I am there before I bring her home...

Anyone have any recommendations on the adelaide scene re opti-coat detailers?

There is an opticoat dealer in Canberra i'll be using. Has a pretty good rep, check out his fb page and look at some of the pics.

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
So my car got detailed and Opticoated today. Pick it up tomorrow, but just my luck there is bloody rain forecast.
Some pics my detailer sent me...
View attachment 191101 View attachment 191102 View attachment 191103
Hey Zero. Looks awesome mate. My redline has arrived in Brissy and is tucked away safe. Hopefully pick it up next Wednesday. Just got internet coverage back post cyclone. Not much fun to be had in Qld for a while. How long does the opticoat last mate if it's not a stupid question ?

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
Spoke to my dealer just before, have been told the redline ute build has been delayed a week or two due to a parts supply issue.

Spewing, was looking forward to getting it next week when I'm back home from work, oh well, after waiting nearly 2 months so far a week or two won't kill me.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Hey Zero. Looks awesome mate. My redline has arrived in Brissy and is tucked away safe. Hopefully pick it up next Wednesday. Just got internet coverage back post cyclone. Not much fun to be had in Qld for a while. How long does the opticoat last mate if it's not a stupid question ?
Hey Redbadge,
I've been watching the news coverage, hope you didn't suffer too much damage.
Opticoat Pro+ is a permanent coating which can only be removed by abrasive methods (polishing, sanding etc)
Provided it is properly cared for (correct washing methods etc) then it should last indefinitely.
There are too many conflicting views and opinions floating about online so it's a little hard to know what to believe.
There is a bit of info here on their website. https://opticoat.com.au/opti-coat-pro

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot

I am wondering if many Redlines will be written off in the recent storms and add further pressure on the limited supply going around?

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
There is an opticoat dealer in Canberra i'll be using. Has a pretty good rep, check out his fb page and look at some of the pics.

he seems a lot more expensive than interstate opticoat dealers?

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
he seems a lot more expensive than interstate opticoat dealers?

His website lists a commodore which is a "large" car at $1290 for the full treatment. Didn't think that was that much more than other opticoat dealers?

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had seem some in SA cheaper at around $790. but that's the price you pay being in Canberra, everything is more expensive (petrol for one!). Anyway, as long as it is done properly that is the main thing.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
I had seem some in SA cheaper at around $790. but that's the price you pay being in Canberra, everything is more expensive (petrol for one!). Anyway, as long as it is done properly that is the main thing.

Was that price for a commodeore "large" car?

I haven't seen it that cheap anywhere. But yes, as long as its done properly is def the main thing.