Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
I've got a SOAG beast on the way... I'll be getting it done.

I'm in Canberra but picking up from adelaide. Thinking of getting it done while I am there before I bring her home...

Anyone have any recommendations on the adelaide scene re opti-coat detailers?

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Hey zero, that paint looks fantastic, almost looks like its had a new coat of clear over it. Generally the darker the colour the more reflective it is, imagine how phantom or SOAG would look considering the reflection your getting off LMF.

Thanks Martin. The difference is absolutely amazing, especially in the sun. The pics don't do it justice.
Should have seen all the looks I was getting on the way home. Pulled up next to a tram stop and everyone turned around and stared lol.
You're right about SOAG too. I think it was Trofius that put some pics up of his wagon with a coating done, looks absolutely sensational.

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Thanks Martin. The difference is absolutely amazing, especially in the sun. The pics don't do it justice.
Should have seen all the looks I was getting on the way home. Pulled up next to a tram stop and everyone turned around and stared lol.
You're right about SOAG too. I think it was Trofius that put some pics up of his wagon with a coating done, looks absolutely sensational.
Oh goodie :)

I can't wait to get mine done when I get it. Just need to figure out who to apply it now ...

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
I've got a SOAG beast on the way... I'll be getting it done.

I'm in Canberra but picking up from adelaide. Thinking of getting it done while I am there before I bring her home...

Anyone have any recommendations on the adelaide scene re opti-coat detailers?
I'm going to go with perfection automotive detailing I reckon, seems to have really good reviews

mrjasonhong

Reaction score
Members Ride
SOAG MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon
Just got it home. I thought it looked good before, but the gloss and reflectiveness is off the scale now.

10 minutes from home and I get pelted by rain... grrrr
we got belted with rain in NSW today

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF

TheBman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva LX
So my SOAG SSVR has arrived at the dealership a few hours ago. They were apparently too busy to bust out some pics of it on the truck, but they're leaving it plastic wrapped for me to come down and have a look tomorrow.

The car actually arrived on time (31/3) after being told it would come in on the 3/4, then the 7/4. So a pleasant surprise.

Only PITA as of last night is despite credit approval on Tuesday, the financier as asked through my novated leasing company, for my 2015/16 FY Tax Assessment to complete the settlement. But I've typically left it till May the following year to complete my returns, so naturally my most recent one is FY 2014/15. And so now they are umming and ahhhing. Far out. I don't think they can really force me to complete my latest returns just to prove my income, they're not late. I always thought that's what the pay slips and a call to your employer were for!

Finance companies, I really hate them.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I don't think they can really force me to complete my latest returns just to prove my income, they're not late.

You're right, they can't force you to do anything. Just as you can't force them to provide the funding.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Very nice! And shiny! Can I ask where you got it Opticoated? And roughly how much it cost? And what's the guarantee? I like.. very much..
Thanks VFII.
http://dansgaragedetailing.com/car-detailing-melbourne/
Cost me $1250 for package which includes thorough wash and decontamination, multi-stage paint correction and application of Opticoat.
I also added an extra layer of Opticoat ($150) and full interior Optiguard ($440), so $1840 all up.
Like I said, not the cheapest out there, but with this sort of stuff you get what you pay for, as the quality of the preparation work is critical to the end result.

TheBman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva LX
You're right, they can't force you to do anything. Just as you can't force them to provide the funding.

I don't think I ever said I was trying to force them (?). So I'm not entirely sure what your statement is getting at. To clarify they gave me approval already on Tuesday. But have subsequently reneged and now require more documentation. So it's more the stuffing around that I don't understand.

I'm more than happy to take my business elsewhere, doesn't bother me, unfortunately it was just in this instance that I was forced to finance through the leasing companies preferred financier and they are clearly indecisive.