Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink replaced

LyLy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 sv6 ute
Everything remains the same with doors, lock and unlock and lighting and volume control for warning chimes as such , in the rr2 there is the factory setting options
I’m guessing the sports is not in there with bimodel,
I have the sv6 So my Ute is just the basics
it took a lot time , trying to find what I would be happy with for a mylink upgrade
Including the cost
Which might not suit others ,
Please take the time to research as much as possible to find a positive result to an alternative to mylink,

Attachments

• IMG_2052.jpeg
    IMG_2052.jpeg
    19.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2051.jpeg
    IMG_2051.jpeg
    19.1 KB · Views: 81

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I found it wasn’t just the map system in mylink , it was the complete system was out dated before production for Australia,
I would agree with this.
And it wouldn’t even bother me if the touchscreen wasn’t so terrible at being touched …

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I've been doing some research and looking around for the different options for apple car play and i have come across this unit. Guy is selling it on ebay and Facebook for $599. Its wireless apple car play, has a Holden logo icon which i guess you touch on the apple car play which takes you back to mylink, but the best part of it is that when you start the car, it auto launches to apple car play, no need to press and hold home button to activate it. its 100% factory Bluetooth Audio including Siri, Navigation prompts and phone calls so no need to get the aux enabled.

has anyone actually bought one of these? Im keen/interested, but would like to hear from someone who has had it installed what they think of it

411392614_7217398598323333_6312320251211419519_n.jpg
411430221_7217400404989819_4935707225521107354_n.jpg

412433894_7217401668323026_8695978557545953361_n.jpg

411383034_7217401701656356_5700228888036321591_n.jpg

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I've been doing some research and looking around for the different options for apple car play and i have come across this unit. Guy is selling it on ebay and Facebook for $599. Its wireless apple car play, has a Holden logo icon which i guess you touch on the apple car play which takes you back to mylink, but the best part of it is that when you start the car, it auto launches to apple car play, no need to press and hold home button to activate it. its 100% factory Bluetooth Audio including Siri, Navigation prompts and phone calls so no need to get the aux enabled.

has anyone actually bought one of these? Im keen/interested, but would like to hear from someone who has had it installed what they think of it

View attachment 262701 View attachment 262704
View attachment 262705
View attachment 262703
Have you got a link to the actual product

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
pretty sure the pictures are free :D

looks like victor is the person selling it

Victor said:
Please note this does NOT replace the factory display or headunit

so its a mitm box like the other ones envyouscustoms, kayhan etc sell

Last edited:

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon

Yep, and there is someone in NSW also selling something very similar. I haven’t worked out if both suppliers are selling the same product or not. But either product is looking very promising to me. I reckon it’s probably one of the better solutions for the VF.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Yep, and there is someone in NSW also selling something very similar. I haven’t worked out if both suppliers are selling the same product or not. But either product is looking very promising to me. I reckon it’s probably one of the better solutions for the VF.
I have tried one of the addon boxes and it didn't work properly for me although others had success albeit with a S1 (Slightly different HU). This is a different unit though; they might have improved but i would be looking for some good "honest" reviews before buying one.
EDIT: One issue i had was where to hide it . i guess the glove box is an option but not very discrete.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
One issue i had was where to hide it . i guess the glove box is an option but not very discrete.

there is some room above the glovebox and between the side of the glovebox and the mylink base unit

when i was building my own system using the hdlink i crammed most of this into those spots lol.
all i can say is thank fcuk for factory android auto because it was so much easier just writing an app to get what i wanted over all of the wiring required to do it in the vf :oops:

20180406-103028.jpg

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
That`s a huge lot of gear for an upgrade but like LyLy upgrade seems to make
more sense something newer not sure if it has the heated seats for the Calias VF2
hope those buttons roll up soon and then we might have the whole picture where this all goes it
and works but the price tag is going up and up

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
That`s a huge lot of gear for an upgrade but like LyLy upgrade seems to make
more sense something newer not sure if it has the heated seats for the Calias VF2
hope those buttons roll up soon and then we might have the whole picture where this all goes it
and works but the price tag is going up and up
The 7" systems are good but the screens are noticeably smaller. I couldn't see that as an upgrade. thats why i went the Alpine Halo9.
there is some room above the glovebox and between the side of the glovebox and the mylink base unit

when i was building my own system using the hdlink i crammed most of this into those spots lol.
all i can say is thank fcuk for factory android auto because it was so much easier just writing an app to get what i wanted over all of the wiring required to do it in the vf :oops:

View attachment 262716
I managed to fit the Navi one under the center console, below the gear stick , but i felt the system got too hot