Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MyLink update?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
It will be interesting to see if/when this update comes out if they will try to charge us for it. If so, I will be finding alternate methods of upgrade just as I did for my VE II.

If its maps, there is no way I would expect them to be free. Don't they charge $700 or something for them already?

I spent $54k on my car and it needs to f****** work properly so I wont be paying for any patches or bug fixes that's for sure.

SydneyGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SV6
If its maps, there is no way I would expect them to be free. Don't they charge $700 or something for them already?

I spent $54k on my car and it needs to f****** work properly so I wont be paying for any patches or bug fixes that's for sure.

Given my car is only 2 weeks old I would expect map updates to be free. In fact regardless of age I think they should be free. You can buy a standalone GPS for under $100 or the TomTom app for your phone for $60, all of which come with free map updates.

Of course it is a given that bug fixes etc should be free.

I'll be happy if they just put in the Red Light/Speed Camera alerts. After all, the manual clearly says they should already be there!

ve safari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR, VE SV6
Last week Holden mentioned CarPlay on Instagram
FNSmkRc.png

I asked a question
0DrFz4e.png

Today they answered
UnaxdZT.png

:(

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Oh good, you can have CarPlay in Purgatory.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
If you install Pandora on your Lumia 930 most of your issues will disappear. The Pandora on the mylink with the app on any phone except iPhones works seamlessly - this is because iPhones do not support Pandora and really are not compatible with the mylink system.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
don't get too excited about car play, it is an Apple OS shell on QNX which the OS that mylink is based on. Apple finally acknowledged that 70% of all car audio systems use QNX and why reinvent the wheel. Also IOS devices also give a very poor experience for their users when used with QNX. Note it is the only phone OS that has this problem.

rossymond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS SPORTWAGON - ORDERED!
I'm seriousy considering reverting back to Android after all the horror stories with mylink and iOS phones. I guess i'll wait and see how it performs. I'n all honesty I just intend using a portable hard drive in the USB port for all the music needs

jon_brevad

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the my link update is available yet at was suppose to come in jan

I've requested my Redline's MyLink to be updated today as I'm still getting skipping on playlists every time I start the car, never leaves off the last song I played. I had to take it in for a seat base replacement anyway (recall).

I'll let you know if they did anything.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline MY15 Series 1
Castle Hill Holden told me last week that they are expecting a new firmware very soon. I enquired about that for my 15K service, which hopefully being a couple of months away, will give them enough time to get it out to the dealers.