Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MyLink update?

Prussian Steel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Clubsport R8 MY14
I booked my VF1 Clubsport R8 in for service for next week and spoke to service and followed up with email to insist that the following to occur. They said they will address them on the day.
  1. Mylink Software update from current version 92281182 to latest version 92288125.
  2. Mylink Maps Software update to latest version 84019565 Version 30.11.0F.11 as per recent email from Holden/HSV and this forum.
Will let you know how it goes.

Ddavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII Calais (not Calais V) with satnav option

Ddavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I've dropped my car in today for a service and requested the map update and software update. I made sure they were aware there were the 2 requests... didn't have to prepay (but my car is on novated lease)... I took photos of the versions numbers before I left it with them so I can compare. There was no discussion about it, they just said yep no problem. It's a March 16, VF2 model so I should get the camera POI alerts after this...

Let's see what happens.
Er... 'camera POI alerts' ??
More info please about the camera alerts, as far as I know my satnav doesn't have those and I think I was told by the sales guy when I bought it that cameras aren't available on it.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Er... 'camera POI alerts' ??
More info please about the camera alerts, as far as I know my satnav doesn't have those and I think I was told by the sales guy when I bought it that cameras aren't available on it.
If you have a MY16 or MY17 then a software update will give you safety camera (speed camera) POI alerts. Mine didn't have them either before the update today.
You need to get the software update (which is free), and I also got the map upgrade at the same time. Link to my pics are in the previous post.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Just be warned if you customise your home screen, the new MyLink software update will constantly reset it. You can sort your icons back after turning the car off and coming back to it, the icons reset every time. It also resets all the driver alerts to "on" even if you've turned them off.

I read somewhere on this forum that another person was experiencing this. I've emailed Holden Customer Care about it.

Ddavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just be warned if you customise your home screen, the new MyLink software update will constantly reset it. You can sort your icons back after turning the car off and coming back to it, the icons reset every time. It also resets all the driver alerts to "on" even if you've turned them off.

I read somewhere on this forum that another person was experiencing this. I've emailed Holden Customer Care about it.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked my car today and can't find any reference to cameras in any of the satnav or config settings, so it looks like I have downlevel software.
Please let us know when you get the issue you mention resolved.

Just a thought though... You have a Redline, maybe cameras are not available for MY16 VFII Calais? (it's not a Calais V).

Many thanks,
Dave.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
No, the MyLink is the same; there's at least one person in this thread (or the SatNav one or the POI's one) with an SV6 that has the camera warnings after a recent update.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Thanks for the heads up. I checked my car today and can't find any reference to cameras in any of the satnav or config settings, so it looks like I have downlevel software.
Please let us know when you get the issue you mention resolved.

Just a thought though... You have a Redline, maybe cameras are not available for MY16 VFII Calais? (it's not a Calais V).

Many thanks,
Dave.
You probably don't have the latest MyLink software update. This can be done at your dealer free of charge.

Black5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Senator
Apparently, the "LATEST" map updates are actually from Q1 2015 and are already 2 years old.
Still better than the at least 5 yo original versions, but be aware of what you are getting before you fork out any hard earned cash for this update...

BTW there is another thread on this same topic.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vf-sat-nav.262527/page-10
Might be worthwhile for a mod to merge them?