Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MyLink update?

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
How often are Map updates released, every decade, yearly, bi-yearly?

Better still, is there a historic list of map release dates against versions?

Huh? This is Holden remember! There is no scheduled release dates otherwise they would be noted on their Website. Same goes for your 2nd question

But at least they have bedded down the cost to a standard of sorts depending if done with a service or not which wasn’t available before.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Thanks @RoganJosh

Yeah, i know it's Holden.. :eek: but i though that they've had a while to improve their processes o_O

As to the list, i was thinking 3rd party list of sorts...

Ddavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII Calais (not Calais V) with satnav option

Better still, is there a historic list of map release dates against versions?

A list such as that is what I have insisted from my dealer I want, I'm fed up with not knowing which software item in the lists does what and what is the latest version for each.
I had my map updated last week on Tuesday, but upon looking at the software screens I see that they show exactly the same part numbers and versions as I ended up with after my MyLink software update of May 2017!
I sent the dealer pictures of both screens and asked what is going on, I got a message back - quoting item numbers and versions - that my software had definitely been updated. Well, what they quoted does not show on my screens so I said I'd bring the car in and show them.
I've had (and still have) ongoing problems with the GPS and, in the days immediately after the MyLink update (and now and again) MyLink itself, they have been unable to fix anything - even changing out what they described as 'the silver box'.

It's a real shame as the car itself is good and I like it, the GPS and, to some extent MyLink, is absolute rubbish.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Ddavo sound like they should offer your next schedulaed service gratis for all the stuffingabout they are puting you through.

Ddavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII Calais (not Calais V) with satnav option
@Ddavo sound like they should offer your next schedulaed service gratis for all the stuffingabout they are puting you through.

Well, I told them from day one I wasn't going to pay for any updates and they have (seemingly) done that and they have been doing what they can to help at no charge, the problem seems to be that there is a lack of meaningful technical support from Holden - they keep getting the dealer to ask me the same questions over and over and I'm jack of it and I'm sure the dealer's service team are too.