Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink with an Android phone

ndwalters

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Hey guys,

Ive actually been playing with the MyLink a lot this week. Ive got it working with my Android 4.3 phone and an iPhone 4s. Your correct in saying that the iPhone can bluetooth for phone calls and messages but needs to be connected by a USB cable for mp3 music and pandora. My Android phone can easily play music via Bluetooth and the Google Play Music App, which also displays the track information and artwork. The only problem I have is that the Android version of Pandora does not work via MyLink, but the iPhone Pandora App is flawless.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
If you are using an android phone always try and update the version of Andriod. This also applies to iPhones as they have less support from within the mylink system especially if the device is a iPhone 4 or earlier. The pause is sometimes caused by the phone actually being paused by rubbing on something. Is the phone in the console. The static can also be caused by the wifi being on (this is usually due to poor electronic shielding in the device and also at times the mylink can be buffering the music. In these circumstances just up flick to the next track until the static goes away.

SteveMcC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Hi all, I have a MY14 SSV Redline and am having trouble with either my Samsung S4 or Mylink. the issue is simply when I receive a text and then either try and reply to the text on the Mylink screen (while parked of course) or simply try to use Mylink to call the number - the "+" at the start of the phone number seems to get dropped, so I am never able to call or respond to the text. For some reason, all my phone numbers come up in the form as "+61 418 123456" (this is not a real phone number - just for instance if the phone number was 0418 123456) - even though they are not stored in the phone that way. It always drops the "+", so when I reply or call, it tries to call a number 61418123456.

Any ideas???

SteveMcC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Hi all, I have a MY13 SSV Redline and Samsung S4 and have trouble with the responding to incoming texts. When I try to reply (while parked of course) or call the person, Mylink seems to drop the + in the phone number string. So the number appears as "+61 418 123456" - even though it is stored inthe phone as 0418 123456. So it tries to call or send to 61418123456 (this is a fictional number.
I am using Android 4.3

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I have searched the forums and manuals and cannot see anything to tell either the phone or the Mylink system to use the "+".

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Mine does the same. The Mylink has so many issues and Holden do nothing about it.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
With Mylink, why do the names not come up on the centre screen when receiving a phone call?
Only the numbers come up on mine which means you have no idea who it is calling.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Mine does the same. The Mylink has so many issues and Holden do nothing about it.

There's a software update out shortly for Mylink so I think your baseless accusation should be reconsidered.

I have an Android phone running 4.4 and operation has been flawless with my Mylink with the exception of a bluetooth volume issue (that I know 100% is the phone software's fault). It's simply not possible to guarantee 100% operation with every phone for every function. So many people are quick to jump on the system when a lot of the time I bet it's the phone at fault.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
There's a software update out shortly for Mylink so I think your baseless accusation should be reconsidered.

It's simply not possible to guarantee 100% operation with every phone for every function. So many people are quick to jump on the system when a lot of the time I bet it's the phone at fault.

So what is the point of integration then?
And surely if you adopt the Android platform as Holden supposedly have, then why shouldn't we expect better?

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
So what is the point of integration then?
And surely if you adopt the Android platform as Holden supposedly have, then why shouldn't we expect better?

Perhaps you should be upset at phone manufacturers for not all following the same software setup?

chrisfox75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac GTO
You really want to know why it doesn't work?? Mylink is built on a backend of Windows CE 6.0 Embedded... The crap that runs ATM machines and Cash registers when you walk up to one and it has a blue screen you know its windows... :) Sorry mates i have used windows for all my life, now im a mac guy for the rest of my life.. :0