Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wireless CarPlay / android auto

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Just adding to this, I assume with the blue USB option it would still allow the sounds of the sensors etc as it would act like a USB music port. The annoying thing I find is the text messages do not read out when first selected. I have to press replay to hear the messages to get the phone to take over vis blue tooth. The other benefit with the USB add on is you are able to hear the audio if you played a movie within the ksmart module. you can also have the phone audio turned off on the ksmart unit so it uses the blue tooth within mylink.

I am going to buy another module for my other VF and will get the USB option for the extra $20+

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
@Anthony121
Mine came with the ubs/ 3.5 cable in the box or is there a different cable ?

Also when I get a message it reads it straight away same as WhatsApp messages I just had to turn on notifications in CarPlay for it to work.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
@vy_berlina03 Where did you plug this? I have the USB cable too but I can only plug a USB into it. I cannot plug it into the car anywhere?

Do you have messages set to read out as soon as you receive them? I only have them notify me then I select to listen.

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
@Anthony121
I plugged the usb cable into the box and it has a 3.5 also but I did not plug anything into it. I only use the usb for firmware updates.

Also I am not sure about notifications I just enabled notifications on the CarPlay in the setting and then it started reading messages on it own.