Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wireless CarPlay / android auto

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Is there any modification you can see or think would be good to make or change in the firmware?

without access to a physical device(carplay module) to test with i would not know.
it is a linux based system so you could add all sorts of things, for instance you could add real time obd information or add your own flavor of media apps that do not require a phone.
the same system is sold for many cars so there could be custom firmwares or addons out there but unless you know what you are doing it is best not to tinker with it.

the fact you can add a 360 degree reverse camera system to it is pretty cool.

if i still had a vf i would get the ksmart module and 360 camera and install them.
i have already written apps that allow me to watch video through android auto because of owning vehicles with factory android auto so the ksmart + camera would really fit the bill for the vf.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
With climate change the 2012-spec temp displayed on the HUD will be increasingly inaccurate!
Why do you say that? It is still using the temp sender at the front of the car. I've noticed Holden cars were lot more accurate than most other vehicle manufactures.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Why do you say that? It is still using the temp sender at the front of the car. I've noticed Holden cars were lot more accurate than most other vehicle manufactures.
For the same reason Holden maps will become more inaccurate with time , Simples

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

TravVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hey guys,

I've installed one of these kSmart modules in my Series 1. Pretty impressive system and a straight forward install.

I tried emailing the company and got nothing back.

Does anyone have an email or contact they used for updated firmware or is there a section to download the latest updates?

Cheers and thanks for all the info here.

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
Hey guys,

I've installed one of these kSmart modules in my Series 1. Pretty impressive system and a straight forward install.

I tried emailing the company and got nothing back.

Does anyone have an email or contact they used for updated firmware or is there a section to download the latest updates?

Cheers and thanks for all the info here.
Hi buddy,

This is the files you need you extract them to a USB key formatted as fat32 and plug it into the usb port.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CcDbCtIZ2rPE9zdpPhWsDaL89-yLQyhq/view?usp=drive_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JLpwZo_Rwt60qCyQvSuxdJxP8jWtSBUB/view?usp=drive_link

TravVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline

Hey thank you for these.

Looks like I might have already had the latest version installed.
Can you or someone pls post a screenshot of your system details with the version of software if different to mine?

Attachments

• IMG_2024-03-24-08-46-40-084.jpg
    IMG_2024-03-24-08-46-40-084.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 51

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
Hey thank you for these.

Looks like I might have already had the latest version installed.
Can you or someone pls post a screenshot of your system details with the version of software if different to

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
You need to extract the holden folder to the root of the usb key to update the system software then you need to setup everything again as it will be defaulted.

The second file is for mcu which u extract to the usb key on its own to update it also.

SirVicSmasha

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais 6.2L
I have a VF2, looking at the ksmart module on ali express it lists with or without UBS-AUX.

From reading through this thread, I just wanted to clarify that all of the audio output such as Spotify, waze, phone calls etc, that comes from the ksmart is sent via Bluetooth to mylink and with that, all of the mylink sounds (parking sensors, etc) still act as normal?

So I would have my android phone connected to the ksmart via bt/wifi and the ksmart will relay all the audio via bt to mylink?

Thus not needing the extra USB-AUX add-on? Or did I read that wrong and the USB-AUX still be required?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I have a VF2, looking at the ksmart module on ali express it lists with or without UBS-AUX.

From reading through this thread, I just wanted to clarify that all of the audio output such as Spotify, waze, phone calls etc, that comes from the ksmart is sent via Bluetooth to mylink and with that, all of the mylink sounds (parking sensors, etc) still act as normal?

So I would have my android phone connected to the ksmart via bt/wifi and the ksmart will relay all the audio via bt to mylink?

Thus not needing the extra USB-AUX add-on? Or did I read that wrong and the USB-AUX still be required?
it uses bluetooth and the original mylink still operates as normal so you wont lose factory audible alerts from the vehicle.