Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wireless CarPlay / android auto

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
Hi Guys,

I purchased a wireless Apple / android auto module for my VF yesterday as I wanted to keep the factory look and not retrofit or modify the existing wiring or my car in anyway.

It is a plug and play solution that allows you to retain all the factory features and all the steering wheel button work .

It uses the Bluetooth audio option I can’t find any issue with the audio for music playback or even phone calls.

It even displays the aircon information when using car play,.

The reverse camera automatically comes on when you select reverse, and the unit can be set to auto boot up when the car is turned on.

One thing I have found so far is there is no volume displayed when you increase or decrease the volume

The unit comes with a detailed instruction manual on how to install it and shows you were to place the module ( it getting placed in the passenger foot well under the carpet.

They accepted my offer for $700 then I used my eBay plus discount to get it for $572.50 with local pickup.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3256526...n1VBnaiTme&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Attachments

• IMG_8789.jpeg
    IMG_8789.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_8791.jpeg
    IMG_8791.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 165

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Hi Guys,

I purchased a wireless Apple / android auto module for my VF yesterday as I wanted to keep the factory look and not retrofit or modify the existing wiring or my car in anyway.

It is a plug and play solution that allows you to retain all the factory features and all the steering wheel button work .

It uses the Bluetooth audio option I can’t find any issue with the audio for music playback or even phone calls.

It even displays the aircon information when using car play,.

The reverse camera automatically comes on when you select reverse, and the unit can be set to auto boot up when the car is turned on.

One thing I have found so far is there is no volume displayed when you increase or decrease the volume

The unit comes with a detailed instruction manual on how to install it and shows you were to place the module ( it getting placed in the passenger foot well under the carpet.

They accepted my offer for $700 then I used my eBay plus discount to get it for $572.50 with local pickup.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3256526...n1VBnaiTme&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Thanks for the write-up. ALways good to have options for our members!
Hopefully all who do this have the HVAC fix to avoid wet spots where the module goes!

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Thanks for the write-up. ALways good to have options for our members!
Hopefully all who do this have the HVAC fix to avoid wet spots where the module goes!

I wouldnt put it there lol.
It is supposed to go up behind the dash when you remove the mylink baseunit to install it.

Its just another variation of the mitm boxes sold by kayhan, importroad etc.

Its the bluetooth audio quality that will annoy most people with those boxes but being able to switch between the mitm box and factory unit is a bonus.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Its the bluetooth audio quality that will annoy most people with those boxes…
Wireless carplay only uses bluetooth to make the initial connection then hands off to a direct wifi link so in theory quality shouldn’t be an issue.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Wireless carplay only uses bluetooth to make the initial connection then hands off to a direct wifi link so in theory quality shouldn’t be an issue.

The bluetooth is used to send the audio to the mylink.
In the older vf s1 series they could use the aux connection but the s2 does not have that so the mitm boxes just use bluetooth to cover both variants.

This has nothing to do with carplay.

From the link the op posted

Item description from the seller

The aircom information will appear the apple carplay and android auto section when you use aircom. 9 The apple carplay and android sound through the factory bluetooth audio,no need to factory AUX or USB.

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
Guy with great cred sells this for $599 in Perth, $350 more if u want it fitter. Better option for support I think

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
are there links etc as the where to buy these?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Do you keep the existing Mylink unit?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Do you keep the existing Mylink unit?
The ones being spoken about, yes.
The ones which replace MyLink tend to be somewhat more exxy (and less common - it's harder to produce the plastics/bezels/buttons/etc in a CCP factory than a hidden add-on box).