Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nathans VY Calais - 'Calais 2.0'

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Loving the new clutch, so light and has more than one level of engagement unlike that last one which was on or off..

Haven't really been able to drive it hard, still needs to bed in, will be interested to see if it changes much during that time. Loving it so far though.

Next up is to install this intercooler water sprayer module, should keep the IC nice and cold on hot days and under heavy load - it'll kick in when you punch throttle (runs off injector pulse) and spray until the IC temp matches the ambient temp. Just need to buy some sprayer nozzles and plumb it up using the spare washer pump I have lying around.

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
Cars looking good still man! Mods are never ending hay haha quick question man, I had a bit of a flick thru your thread but couldn't find it, what fuel set up are you running since u turboed it? Just a bigger I tank pump and injectors or?

Cheers Scott

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars looking good still man! Mods are never ending hay haha quick question man, I had a bit of a flick thru your thread but couldn't find it, what fuel set up are you running since u turboed it? Just a bigger I tank pump and injectors or?

Cheers Scott

Cheers man, I've been running the stock in-tank pump with the fuel regulator disabled, feeding a surge tank with a single bosch 044.

However, I hate the 044. It's loud as ####, not during normal operation but when it heats up it starts screaming it's head off + you know, not e85 compatible (although yes people run them on e85).

So, the whole lot will likely be replaced with the appropriate DW system, DW65a in-tank, DW350il and the DW surge tank + injector and fuel line upgrade. When it gets it's retune it'll be cam + e85, keen :)

EDIT: OH YES CAM BITS

image-4-1024x768.jpeg

image-5-1024x768.jpeg

image-1024x768.jpeg

Last edited:

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
No its not lol, its exactly the same as installing a single row except you have to put 2 little spacers in, thats all :p and its stronger and less likely to break/stretch.

don't you have to machine the front timing cover too? double rows still break.

12573033_864665346964814_7782373524104077827_n.jpg

the stock one has kept up fine so far, I don't really see the need for it. Still billet, nice and strong. Just easier to fit and get the whole cam swap done quicker.

+ more money to spend on fuel pumps ;)