Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Naviplus apple + android carplay v's Naiviplus maps v's Alpine apple + android .Pros & Cons

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
@harveyconner Mine ended up not working correctly , it would'nt play music via usb to my phone , so i got an Alpine Halo9 instead

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
@harveyconner Mine ended up not working correctly , it would'nt play music via usb to my phone , so i got an Alpine Halo9 instead
How is the Alpine Halo 9?
Does it retain all the vehicle settings that the MyLink system had? If so are you able to please send some photos so I can see before committing to buying. And what wiring harness etc. did you get just the aerpro one?

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
How is the Alpine Halo 9?
Does it retain all the vehicle settings that the MyLink system had? If so are you able to please send some photos so I can see before committing to buying. And what wiring harness etc. did you get just the aerpro one?
Hi yes the Aerpro has all the wire's i think i just had to chase up the speed wire and hand brake wire , i got a bit of a hand with that .
I'm very happy with it and a gained an extra pocket under the system for my phone which im going to put a wireless charger under i also have a Android Auto wireless dongle coming in March sometime so it's all setup to be wireless .
There is also a Kenwood system that is similar that looks promising that allready has wireless AA/AC , i was considering it but it is a double din unit i think and i'd lose the pocket and is a little exy once you add the Aerpro
20210105_155331.jpg

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
In most aftermarket systems the handbrake wire is just to disable video in motion and can be left disconnected.

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
There is also a Kenwood system that is similar that looks promising that allready has wireless AA/AC , i was considering it but it is a double din unit i think and i'd lose the pocket and is a little exy once you add the Aerpro

Do you know the name of the kenwood system? and does it retain the vehicle settings and aircon etc. like the alpine does.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Do you know the name of the kenwood system? and does it retain the vehicle settings and aircon etc. like the alpine does.
This is the Kenwood one DMX9720XDS | Multimedia and Navigation | Car Electronics | KENWOOD Australia , you will need the Aerpro so its the same as the Alpine Halo9 as far as setting ,The VF fitted Alpine has its own software to handle setting i think , you only lose a couple thing' such as reverse traffic warnings and the sat nav stuff on the HUD also heated seats if you have 'em

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
This is the Kenwood one DMX9720XDS | Multimedia and Navigation | Car Electronics | KENWOOD Australia , you will need the Aerpro so its the same as the Alpine as far as setting , you only lose a couple thing' such as reverse traffic warnings and the sat nav stuff on the HUD also heated seats if you have 'em
yeah I've got an SV6 without those features so it'd be fine. Could you please take a photo of the vehicle settings menu as I just want to confirm everything is there. Cheers

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
also what UI is show. On the head unit when reversing or changing the temperature? I’m concerned that it will use the aerpro display and not the alpine one

oms

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 CalaisV LS3
Hi guys, following this thread intently as I am also in the market.

I am leaning towards the Alpine i902d-vf though. I can't get any definitive answers about what functionality I will lose over the stock setup (heat warmers, reverse traffic warning etc..).

Has anybody installed the i902d in a VF2 LS3 Calais?