Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Naviplus apple + android carplay v's Naiviplus maps v's Alpine apple + android .Pros & Cons

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
also what UI is show. On the head unit when reversing or changing the temperature? I’m concerned that it will use the aerpro display and not the alpine one
These are the Aerpro settings and HVAC display
20210107_154916.jpg
20210107_154904.jpg
20210107_154747.jpg
20210107_154600.jpg

Here's one of the reverse camera but i've turned the guides off , you will lose the bendy lines if you have'm

20210107_154944.jpg

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
These are the Aerpro settings and HVAC display
View attachment 217937View attachment 217938View attachment 217939View attachment 217940

Here's one of the reverse camera but i've turned the guides off , you will lose the bendy lines if you have'm

View attachment 217941
Cheers for sending that through!

So Do you have the Alpine Halo 9 iLX-F309e or the iLX-F259e?

I'm just wondering because the F309e advertises the aircon to display with this screen:
1610009652502.png

And the one for the VF Commodore advertises this when reversing or front parking:

1610009624420.png

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Cheers for sending that through!

So Do you have the Alpine Halo 9 iLX-F309e or the iLX-F259e?

I'm just wondering because the F309e advertises the aircon to display with this screen:
View attachment 217947

And the one for the VF Commodore advertises this when reversing or front parking:

View attachment 217946
Yes , thats the one i have Alpine Halo 9 iLX-F309e . i have played with it and have seen those displays shown in the book but couldn't get them to show , i'm not sure if the Aerpro over rides them or i missed something . i might have to have another look sometime

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
Yes , thats the one i have . i have played with it and have seen those displays shown in the book but couldn't get them to show , i'm not sure if the Aerpro over rides them or i missed something . i might have to have another look sometime
yeah it would be awesome to show those screens as they integrate nicely with the Alpine unit. The best bet would be to give Alpine a call, or use their support since you are a paying customer they are more likely to help.

I found an example in a VW of it working just with a different CAN BUS adapter:

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
yeah it would be awesome to show those screens as they integrate nicely with the Alpine unit. The best bet would be to give Alpine a call, or use their support since you are a paying customer they are more likely to help.

I found an example in a VW of it working just with a different CAN BUS adapter:
That box seems to have heated seats covered and i know the Aerpro doesn't . If i get a chance over the weekend i'll have another look and see

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Awesome, hope to see it working!
i tried all setting and couldnt get those screens to show , i'm guessing if you were to connect the rear camera and sensors directly to the unit those screens would show as it does have it's own input for those rather than going through the Aerpro box , maybe @stooge would have a better idea on that one

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
i tried all setting and couldnt get those screens to show , i'm guessing if you were to connect the rear camera and sensors directly to the unit those screens would show as it does have it's own input for those rather than going through the Aerpro box , maybe @stooge would have a better idea on that one

It might just be a firmware update.

Clintix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS Regal Peacock Sedan
Im getting the alpine X902-d fitted in febuary will let you know how it goes.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
It might just be a firmware update.
Ive done 1 firmware on the Alpine and its up to date , the UI its using is coming from the Aerpro and there are no firmware updates for it , where as the UI harvey is showing is the Alpine UI . I'm guessing unless something is plugged into the Alpine unit regarding rear camera it wont show it in the UI