Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help.... 2005 echo

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
good one.... now the '.' is pissed off...told you he was good...

aZk.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
dude i never said anything about your installing so back off and shut the **** up
i said ya dont have to take the door trim off to check spkrs
as an installer i too wire **** up the same and solder
i also said a good installer will know whats hes doing and you do know what ya doing
i was talking about another coment from someone
not you
i am saying if someone knows what they are doing you will wire it right the first time and not rely on eays but your eays can tell if its out of phase
if your eays cant maybe your deaf i dont know

also myself and heaps other installers dont use a book to work out the polarity of 4 spkrs in a echo
like i keep saying a good installer will knwo the colors

also as a hack you do not know my work of 16 yrs so till you do you cant say ****
i too help out a lot of ppl from jc and off the net and have a lot of very happy ppl with my work
so keep ya hack thoughts to your self unless you know my work

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
hahaha, you seriously remember every goddamned colour? Your a genius. Pure genius. About the only one I remember off by heart is Lambos. Don't pull that comment from someone else BS with me. It was meant for me.

Don't trust your ears. After 16 years of auto acc you should know by now not to trust your ears. They are wrong...very wrong... always. The VR-VS commodore is a prime example of that. Swap out the stock headunit and wire you speakers out of phase and you get sound thats better then stock and substantially louder. But once you get it in phase it sounds like you are running a small sub in there. Had you ahve gotten the the speaker out of phase wrong in the first place and you would have sent that customer out rocking away thinking you did a good job when infact you did a poor job.

know the colours....now thats a good one.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
hahahaaha your a idiot mate wire any car out of phaze isnt going to sound better
and yes ya can know lots colors of wiring and echos havent changed so they are mostly all the same
camry is the same echos same apollos the same
if you cant hear it its time to get out of the indusrty
if you can only remmeber one car then its time to get out of the industry
if you think making vr/vs out of phase is better then its time to get out of the industry
nyways im not going to go back and forward all night saying whos better or worse, ill let you think your stuff ill think mine
if any real installers are on here would like to see your coments too

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
It will actually sound better over stock.

Sure I can hear when it's out of phase...does it mean I trust it? No, Do you? you shouldn't
I can remember plenty of cars, do I trust my memory to be 100% accurate all the time? No. Neither should you.

Any installer that goes purely and simply by memory is an installer to be wary of.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
is this what happens when you spend all day putting in headunits and a pair speakers?

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
ok now we getting somewhere i can hear it when its out of phase thats the thing i said at the start and you said no
like i keep saying if ya good youll know how to wire something up
when i say good im not refering to you or me or anyone else im saying a good installer will know how to wire it up the first time right and shouldnt be out of phase
i dont use a book, dont need it i have enough experience to know to do it right the first time round
but then you use your ears to test it
and ya dont need to remove door trim or spkr to see if it is in or out of phase

i do heaps cars every day and have plenty of knowlegde of commos series and other brands
the company i work for would be doing thousands of cars yearly and we must be doing something right

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
And I'm saying that a good installer should never trust their ears. Why are we back to pulling door panels off again? Thats counter productive if they don't need to be touched. I never said you should look at the speakers to check for polarity. Who can tell when they are moving at 20-20,000 times a second?

I personally don't think you should ever trust your ears. 99% of the time you will right. But thats what seperates good installers from excellent installers....that 1% It's the same with wiring.

I could probably rattle off dozens of different car manufacturers wiring colours and get them all right. But the operative word is "probably" I'm meticulous. Now perhaps it's because I haven't done a straight swap for HU for a number of years...I don't know. But I was taught that trusting your ears and memory is never good enough.

Thank you for stopping the name calling.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
ok one big circle covered
i knwo what ya saying
i dont have to agree with it
ill leave it at that

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
And I'm saying that a good installer should never trust their ears. Why are we back to pulling door panels off again? Thats counter productive if they don't need to be touched. I never said you should look at the speakers to check for polarity. Who can tell when they are moving at 20-20,000 times a second?

isnt that where the 1.5V battery cums into play now im not an installer like u guys but that was 1 of the 1st tricks i was taught 2 use as it sounds differently wen it pops if u have the wires round the wrong way