Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help vn calais wheel question

dashdown98

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S Commodore SII
there's always heaps of room in the rear, it's the front that gives problems due to the spring seat so lowering makes no difference to fitting them, just how the tyres interact with the guards on the front. mine has super lows.

My car must be crazy or something because my 235s occasionally scrape in the rear lol, I'll probably look into getting some spacers when I'm a bit more finiancial.

smidey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS WM 6L
My car must be crazy or something because my 235s occasionally scrape in the rear lol, I'll probably look into getting some spacers when I'm a bit more finiancial.
lowered and 235 scraping, either a ute thing or maybe it needs an adjustable panhard rod if it doesn't have one?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
lowered and 235 scraping, either a ute thing or maybe it needs an adjustable panhard rod if it doesn't have one?

Being lowered, it will need an adjustable panhard rod.....Common thing with live axle commodores, be it sedan/ute/wagon

TassieBoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Calais
oh awesome as cause I have had 245/25/r20 on my old vp ute and it was lowered never scrapped and I drove a gravel road everyday which can be found on my profile

Attachments

• IMG_20141116_103745.jpg
    IMG_20141116_103745.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 199

dashdown98

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S Commodore SII
oh awesome as cause I have had 245/25/r20 on my old vp ute and it was lowered never scrapped and I drove a gravel road everyday which can be found on my profile

That a VP with a VR front end? It makes it look more modern but I think I prefer the older look, each to their own though I suppose. I got my tyres done at Bob Jane in Devonport and he said that I couldn't go any wider than 235 because they would scrape. I've only ever had these ones scrape under heavy load with a bumpy road (yeah I'm a poet lol) but I do reckon 245s should fit. I just left it to the 'experts' lol

TassieBoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Calais
yea true well that vp had 245/45/20s lowered never scrapped with a tonne of bricks in it mate and nah vs front end

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Mine are 17x8 CSA Edges, I've got a VP ute but I doubt there'd be too much difference. + mine is lowered a bit too so that might be why.

maybe its the offsets coming into play as there VERY important too

yea true well that vp had 245/45/20s lowered never scrapped with a tonne of bricks in it mate and nah vs front end

Sorry but i dont believe you ever had 45 series R20 tyre on a VP. Physically impossible with stock struts the tyre fowls and its not possible to correct with offset because there's no room.

Too make 45s work you'd have to cut n shut the struts or install a adjustable coilover and even then im not sure about it fitting as of the change in diameter is too great

dashdown98

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S Commodore SII
maybe its the offsets coming into play as there VERY important too

Sorry but i dont believe you ever had 45 series R20 tyre on a VP. Physically impossible with stock struts the tyre fowls and its not possible to correct with offset because there's no room.

Too make 45s work you'd have to cut n shut the struts or install a adjustable coilover and even then im not sure about it fitting as of the change in diameter is too great

Typo I reckon mate, he said 245/25/20 in the previous post.