Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need some computer help. IE and media player not working

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
yeh, thats why i turned system restore off. I am running firefox at the moment, but i dont want to use winamp, it shits me to tears, just dont like it, prefer media player. I dont really need IE, but IE and WMP have the same problem i think, so i might have to do a repair from a windows cd, or try registry mechanic. I think that the problem may have something to do with the file wininet.dll, as it comes up inthe error report for both IE and WMP.

Im running XP prefessional with SP2 and i've already downloaded and reinstalled/upgraded both IE and WMP. For some strange reason, it lets me install the updates after doing the whole 'checking windows is genuine' thing, even though my windows isnt. ( I have paid for XP home, but running pro, coz amate installed it when he fixd my computer before.)

Think i might try to get a hold of the XP cd and go from there. BTW the virus was a form of W32 worm, so im definately not going through system restore.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
do a google using the viruses name ... theres answers there to get rid of it ...

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
try the steps below. You will need your windows xp cd for this.

1. Click on START --> RUN
2. Type in SFC /scannow and click on OK

This will run through the System File Checker (Part of Windows). It basically check the windows file versions against the original files on the CD. If it sees any that have been changed it will prompt you to copy the original off the cd. It can usually take about 30min depending on the speed of your PC, etc.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Dont bother downloading from the Microsoft website, just google what u want to download or goto download.com or somthing.