Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Neons-the Truth

Rmyers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EA falcon
Hmmm I didn't think you can have em fitted at all, whether they are turned on or not. I've been defected for them even tho they were wired up at the time. You can have them in the interior no problems, just not allowed to have them visible from the outside of the car.

Even if it is legal to have them fitted but not running, your gunna get defected for them, the cops will just say they were turned on when they pulled you over, and there's not really any way you can prove them wrong...

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
well thats cos u have a ford....

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Hey now! Play nice! I own a ford as well! Wouldn't swap her for the world...although, if you offered a new missus I might make an exception ;)

Rmyers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EA falcon
raZel said:
well thats cos u have a ford....

Aha yes how funny and origional, tell me, how long did it take you to come up with that? You must've been waiting a while for the perfect time to unleash that pearler of a joke upon the world!!!

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Relax man... Being defensive doesn't help... And really, it would be because you drive a F**D.

I drive a F**D also, a shitty white XF Station wagon with the Gutless 4.1l Crossflow and the odd ratio 3 spd Borg Warner.

All this changes next week... VN Calais for me. Next year, VT Calais :D.

Do you have anything to do with a Holden? It's ok if you don't, but I frown apon people who come here and have never sat in a Holden.

Rmyers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EA falcon
MoSkA said:
Do you have anything to do with a Holden? It's ok if you don't, but I frown apon people who come here and have never sat in a Holden.

I enjoy Aussie cars whether they are ford or holden. Why is this question being asked? Must i be an expert in holdens to offer advice regarding the legality of neons? I realize raZel was only having a light hearted stab at me, so i gave him one back ;) I'm not gunna sit there and just take it :p :whistling

I think the starter of this thread would appreciate it if we stayed on topic...

R

rattattack1313

trunkrattler said:
Hey now! Play nice! I own a ford as well! Wouldn't swap her for the world...although, if you offered a new missus I might make an exception ;)
...loool...u wanna hope she doesnt see that mate..lol.....but..back to the neons.....lol.......as u may have seen from my thread in the Vee Pee section..I now have green neons under my front seats, and they are LEGAL..... I also have a green LED interior light..and its LEGAL tooo.....(loooks wicked toooo)...... :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Can you see a melways? I got a mate with a blue LED int light. He has to get out and use his headlights to see a melways.

Hehe you live in QLD, what's it called up there? Queensway?

Rmyers said:
I enjoy Aussie cars whether they are ford or holden. Why is this question being asked? Must i be an expert in holdens to offer advice regarding the legality of neons? I realize raZel was only having a light hearted stab at me, so i gave him one back ;) I'm not gunna sit there and just take it :p :whistling

I think the starter of this thread would appreciate it if we stayed on topic...

When people tell me I drive a F**D I have no defence... I have to say "yep" and they will roast me. Specially my wog mates, all drive a holden of some kind, every time I see em it's the same old "got a holden yet?", There's 1 who drives a magna so I just turn the spotlight to him and they give him **** about it.

All I wanted to know is if you've driven a Holden, if you haven't then thats why you're content with a F**D.

R

rattattack1313

MoSkA said:
Can you see a melways? I got a mate with a blue LED int light. He has to get out and use his headlights to see a melways.
Hehe you live in QLD, what's it called up there? Queensway?
......lool..yea mate ..I can...cos I have a Stato Interior light, with the 2 personal spots..........Queensway...lol...)..............