Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

!!new speed camera alert!!

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
lol.. being a bit stereotypical here, but u have commodores..

Are you saying that because I drive a commodore I can't drive in a sensible fashion and within the limits set by authority? I think a majority of people on this forum would disagree with that

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
These arn't that new. They've been out for quite a while now. Does kinda suck though, if your vehicle speeds up because of a slight hill or you need to speed to get out of trouble (yes there are these certain circumstances) then you'll get done for it!

Whats interesting to see is IF laser detectors can pick up the in kerb ones. And if the radar or laser detectors pick up that tower of cameras!

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
dont speed then you dont get fines
the best way to avoid speeding get your damn heavy foot off the accelerator
get cruise control and set it to 2 kmh under the limit thats what i do oh if the navman is in the car it has an overspeed function and warns you

somerandom

Reaction score
don't give me the 'don't speed and you won't get caught' bull dust, its revenue raising, the sooner people start investing in anti-revenue raising device, such as, motorized number plate flip flap, the better. hell, it may bring Australia out of recession because it'll make jobs, making these devices ;) /sarcasm

in saying that, i have never been caught, only because i know where the cameras are... now I know where these are too :D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute
in saying that, i have never been caught, only because i know where the cameras are... now I know where these are too :D

LoL. You clearly DON'T live in QLD. We don't have a lot of fixed speed cameras up here. We do have a lot of mobile camera's tho.

I'd be very much surprised to learn that any other state doesn't have the same. You can't know where a mobile camera is gonna pop up... Or when.....

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
mulligan-can, here in vic we do have quite a few mobile speed cameras, however there's only 17 pages detailing places in which they can be placed [aproved places]. Those who are serious have the radar/laser detectors! :p

walker275

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Series 2
Camera's Pfft, They r usually at the bottom of a hill or just outside a speed change area. Should go to them with baseball bats, That will fix them.

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
i always wait till i get even with the camera and the boot it , with a nice loud exhaust and a spin of the wheels - that;ll stuff em lol, i hate em ay i do it so ya can see the stupid operators look in his eyes watchin ya hoonin off, of course over here they only just started puttin the cameras the other way - might be time to get a bike and wheelie past em all

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
Last week around my home town of Wangaratta, Austar where putting up cameras with and infrared device on them hung from below street signs and had a sign hanging underneath that said "Traffic Survey" They where on different streets around the town. Only there for a day or so, so not sure what they were for. Just hoping they weren't speed cameras as I went past one a bit fast.