Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] New speed cameras...

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
I find this comment interesting, and might investigate further if I have the time, I wouldn't be supprised if they QLDPOL were just trying it on; I mean why would they display a sign if they didn't legally have to? There is no logical reason for this especially considering in other states they are happy to dress up like ninjas and jump out from behind buildings, etc... if it means sticking it in your arse for speeding.

I think the deterrent factor is increased if people see more speed cameras than they don't see - I am all for the signs to be not visible until after it's too late - but everyone, speeding or not - should know they have just passed a speed camera. I like the idea of a flashing sign "your speed has just been recorded by QLD Police - have a nice day". Consequences should be immediately realised to increase the impact.

So imho - there is value in displaying signs - even if they don't have to. Ninjas raise more revenue (nothing wrong with that) but visible deterrents slow down more vehicles than they actually fine....

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Whoever says they don't ever speed 10ks over the limit is full of ****. 1 second of not paying attention = 10kph over. Next you'll say "I NEVER STOP PAYING ATTENTION"

Wait til you get a full car of mates screaming all drunk having a few laughs, then see if don't "accidently" go 90kph in a 80kph zone where there is no-one around and is a long road. Most of the time people keep up with traffic, not go there own pace.

Usually the one speeding at the front makes the rest speed.

No i'm not having a go.

As for the flash, there's no other way they're gunna get your plates =\

bruggz351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon
lmao - jump in, drop a few insults then turn your back, fingers in ears humming to yourseld *lalalala I'm not listening*

I never complained about the consequences of my actions - deserved and almost expected - a calculated risk of doing so many miles. The important thing is that I was never doing anything unsafe - unlawful for sure, and deserved of a slap on the wrist? - indeed. $130 and 1 point - a slap on the wrist - expected, anticipated and deserved. What I was doing was wrong - no problem there - but it was never ever ever unsafe.

If I was to injure a child whilst driving I would be mortified - whether 10k over or 10k under the prescribed speed limit. Driving to conditions is more important than driving to posted limits.

I never said kids on the road at 10pm "should get run over", I said they should "expect to" - much as people who speed "should expect to" get fined.

I sped, I got fined. My breach of the traffic act is indefensible - and I NEVER complained about that. But I will defend my position that I was not being unsafe. Check the stats - more kids get run over in driveways than on the open road by "speed demons"

In closing, I would suggest that stating my opinion is "f**king stupid" reflects more on you than it does me. Consider all things in context and it will help you relate to reality. Surely I don't need to insert a *sarcasm* emoticon every time I choose to be ironic ? (my natural state)

Sorry bloke, by law, you WERE unsafe. ;)

bruggz351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon
Hmm. I always have a little chuckle when a thread such as this comes along. I mean, come on people, we ALL KNOW SPEED CAMERAS ARE OUT THERE. I don't honestly see what the huge hassle is to 'just do the speed limit'.
I admit, I've had my fair share of fines, but you get to a certain age and think, "I'm not going to be the bunny any-more! I'm not paying for their xmas parties any-more!" and all of a sudden everything is well with the world.
To the OP, if you weren't speeding, you wouldn't have got that 'flash in the face' , would ya mate. Also, the difference of what would happen to you if, god forbid, you did skittle someone, at the speed limit, to being 10 over, is the difference of you being "the poor bloke that has to live with that for the rest of his life", to," hope that ba5tard rots in hell". Get it??

Unfortunately, age isn't an indication of growing up, it's actions. ;)

cheers,
and happy and safe holidays to all :)

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

Notorious_Matt

Wicked Motorsports
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ SS Ute
all good, just wondering because it had the green p plate

Cops all over australia use "P" Plates on thier cars. It's so you think its just another "P" Plater.

QLD Doesn't use this tatic so much but NSW you can almost gaurantee that nearly every UMPC will have "P" Plates displayed.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
I don't honestly see what the huge hassle is to 'just do the speed limit'.
ah my friend the problem is you are forgetting that people are generally idiots. for example, if you reach the crest of a hill and your sitting on the speed limit, its obvious that youre going to need to come of the accelerator and possibly use your brakes as you come down the slope. the amount of people who continue to give the same amount of throttle and then slam on/off the brakes all the way down the hill to try not to go over the speed limit. how hard is it to just ease of the accelerator as you reach the crest? then theres the wonderful group of people who seem to think that by being in the right hand lane you are magically fiven the right to exceed the speed limit and if you dare to sit on the speed limit in the right lane, oh look out you will get flashed and honked at and swore at

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Cops all over australia use "P" Plates on thier cars. It's so you think its just another "P" Plater.

QLD Doesn't use this tatic so much but NSW you can almost gaurantee that nearly every UMPC will have "P" Plates displayed.

:rofl: Let me guess, NASA didn't put man on the moon either? george Bush ordered planes to crash into american buildings also?

I have passed many NSW unmarked cars, not a P Plate in site. Yet to see it happen in Vic or QLD (Where I have spent a little less tiem this year than normal) Would love to see evidence of it happening.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
:rofl: Let me guess, NASA didn't put man on the moon either? george Bush ordered planes to crash into american buildings also?

I have passed many NSW unmarked cars, not a P Plate in site. Yet to see it happen in Vic or QLD (Where I have spent a little less tiem this year than normal) Would love to see evidence of it happening.

**** you mean that we DID put man on the moon, dammit now I will have to rethink my perspective.

I thought I saw a person pulled over by an D-car with P-plates but I can't be sure they were P-plates and not something else, I was kind of driving at the time :p. If I get a chance I'll ask one of my cop mates if they ever do it.